The VG Resource

Full Version: Street Fighter V Ripping Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have started to rip models from Street Fighter V. To start off, here's an image to prove that I've ripped models!

[Image: y3mpD76qxOF-NCOpF8zc05g9EmeSLV6l7dGDn5J5...pmode=none]

This is Ken's normal costume from Street Fighter V. I have submitted him, and he is currently waiting to be approved.. I will continue to rip models, and anyone who wants to help can ask for the model files.

Thanks to loriscangini from deviantART for helping me with textures! Look in the comments of http://loriscangini.deviantart.com/art/S...-591574361 to see how to color the textures.
He looks like...a Hobbit.
(03-11-2016, 01:39 PM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]He looks like...a Hobbit.

but he doesn't have foot hair
I will only continue this ripping project if it gains traction. Respond if you're interested in this project. If not, then I'll let it die.
I want Guile, please. I need my true American hero.
(03-17-2016, 05:22 PM)MaxiGamer™ Wrote: [ -> ]I want Guile, please. I need my true American hero.

Guile will come then! I'll look through the files for him, they don't name the characters anything recognizable.
(03-18-2016, 10:14 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2016, 05:22 PM)MaxiGamer™ Wrote: [ -> ]I want Guile, please. I need my true American hero.

Guile will come then! I'll look through the files for him, they don't name the characters anything recognizable.

Awesome! Thanks a bunch, mate.
After finding out all the Story mode stuff was done using in-game models, I'd love to see Gill get the ol' rip. Seeing as how they have a classic Urien, it's not much of a stretch to imagine they'd be able to make Gill too.
(07-02-2016, 09:39 AM)Tiberious Wrote: [ -> ]After finding out all the Story mode stuff was done using in-game models, I'd love to see Gill get the ol' rip. Seeing as how they have a classic Urien, it's not much of a stretch to imagine they'd be able to make Gill too.

Whoa, necrobump alert! I don't have the latest update of the game (because I'm a filthy pirate), so I can't do anything about that.
Hmmm... okay then. What's your flow for extracting the models? I figure if you can't, I've got the game, so I should be able to get the model myself.
(07-04-2016, 09:18 PM)Tiberious Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm... okay then. What's your flow for extracting the models? I figure if you can't, I've got the game, so I should be able to get the model myself.

First, you have to extract the game's files using QuickBMS. Script at http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/unreal_...ment_4.bms. Then, use uModel to view the files: http://gildor.org/projects/umodel

After opening uModel, select the version of Unreal Engine manually, and choose Unreal Engine v4.07. This is because the files don't have version information in them. And finally, select your model.

Texture fixing is MUCH HARDER. I can't exactly remember how to do it, so I'll figure it out when I get back to the US.
I was having some issues with it until I tried a different key (it's 1, not 0, for reference). Since the model I was looking for (Gill) was in the 'General Story' DLC, I extracted that .pak, and found him right in the Demo/Assets/Chara/GIL/ directory.

However, his textures also converted properly, and since he doesn't have recolors, they look right with no recoloring necessary.

This means that unless they change things around, unfortunately we won't have him as a playable character for some time. A shame, 'cause I'd like to finally see him officially playable.
(07-11-2016, 12:14 PM)Tiberious Wrote: [ -> ]I was having some issues with it until I tried a different key (it's 1, not 0, for reference). Since the model I was looking for (Gill) was in the 'General Story' DLC, I extracted that .pak, and found him right in the Demo/Assets/Chara/GIL/ directory.

However, his textures also converted properly, and since he doesn't have recolors, they look right with no recoloring necessary.

This means that unless they change things around, unfortunately we won't have him as a playable character for some time. A shame, 'cause I'd like to finally see him officially playable.

well that sucks

Could you help out with model submission? Since Gill doesn't require any recoloring, all you need to do is a little touch-up to get the model in the right formats, and submit.
I would love it if you could do Laura next, please!
(07-28-2016, 03:10 PM)playfulpossum Wrote: [ -> ]I would love it if you could do Laura next, please!

Okay. That's not a DLC character.

(sigh)

I guess I'm going to do it.