The VG Resource

Full Version: Fang in Sonic Battle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am going to attempt something I never thought I would do. I'm making Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel in Sonic Battle style. I am not familiar with working in that style, but I'll try my best. Fang is too cool to be left out.
Well, now that's pretty neat, Fang is a cool character.

Though, I can see a few incongruities compared to the style, so here's a heads up on SB:
[Image: sonicpointrv8.png]

Sonic Battle is a style that has its light source at the top left/right (Whichever way the character is facing). As you can see in Sonic, the darker parts of the sprite are at the bottom right. The colors usually have 2-3 shades, with the ones with three shades usually being the body color and the muzzle (In Tails' case, since his gloves share the colors with his muzzle, they have the same amount of shades). There's also some sel-out, as well as having colored outline in the lightest part of the sprite (That being the top left/right). The bottommost parts use black as an outline.

So um, that's it. Yeah. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip, Furs.
[Image: fangpreve4.gif]
How's the shading now?
Hm. The muzzle is looking much better, but the arms are a mess. You would do better with a third brown shade and a third purple shade. Also, don't make the shadow, cast but his body on his tail so large, make it so it has the same lightsource as the body (Upper-left).
Well, the shading on the tail has been fixed and I've made some animations.
[Image: fanghy6.gif]
3rd row is Idle, 4th row is Attack 1 and 5th row is the follow-up to Attack 1, Attack 2 (Cork gun)
He looks stiff in every pose, and his legs appear broken as he runs. Hell. So does the rest of his body.
fdsfdsafsa

that running animation
hahahaha
Wahahahah! I wanted to be the first to this, but someone beat me to it! Sad

Ah, its okay. Um, okay, you have a good start. Maybe you could use a slightly darker shade of purple. And, many of his poses look stiff and akward.
i dont think its easy to run like that
This is awesome but Fang's running looks crazy weird.
I'm going to redo most his moves, his Janken move has been redone. I've also darkened the hat and other brown stuff and added a highlight to that.
But the sheet is on another computer, so I can upload it now.
I hope to get the running good this time.
Well, it was an attempt. Better luck next time, "NICK".
Updated it. First post.

@Miles07: Do you have a sheet of that Fang you have in your avatar somewhere?
It's not Fang/Nack. And I'll get back to you on that (via PM)...
(11-13-2008, 12:33 PM)Miles07 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not Fang/Nack. And I'll get back to you on that (via PM)...

Yeah, I noticed that later... Didn't bother to edit my post either Tongue
It's rather confusing because of the color of the fur. But when I looked closer, it didn't look as much as Fang as at first glance.

And updated.
This is the best I can do so far. If I can come up with more moves, I will add them, but if not, this is as good as finished.
Pages: 1 2