The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping PS2 game models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I did a quick search of this board and didn't find a tutorial for how to rip models from PS2 games. I would love to contribute, especially to the Radiata Stories page which only has one model :<

Can anyone post a link or let me know how I'd be able to add to this wonderful community? Thanks.
(03-09-2016, 07:25 PM)QFGlenn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, I did a quick search of this board and didn't find a tutorial for how to rip models from PS2 games. I would love to contribute, especially to the Radiata Stories page which only has one model :<

Can anyone post a link or let me know how I'd be able to add to this wonderful community? Thanks.

There is no perfect method for ripping any PS2 game. There are some game-specific scripts that can extract a specific file format from a specific game producer.
The method that gets closer to extracting models from any PS2 game is described in this tutorial: https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-20541.html
With this method you basically dump the graphic elements of the game using the GSDX plugin from PCSX2, and then you fix the perspective deformation of the models using a custom program provided in the tutorial.
But I tried that method on Resident Evil 4 and I still get my models distorted after the model fix step, no matter what camera angle I dump the models from.
I also tried to rip Kratos from God of War using this method and it just doesn't work, the model doesn't have z-depth, no matter how much I try to strech/scale it.