The VG Resource

Full Version: Crash: Mind Over Mutant (*.p3d)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've figured out a way to determine which file is which model. The only problem is it doesn't extract with current programs. "p3d" is a semi-common file type, but these are different in a slight way. Their contents can be viewed, but not properly extracted. I've got four models I'm looking for, isolated here. The p3d's contain both the models and the textures. Can someone find a way to convert/extract these?

Dropbox Link
(03-08-2016, 10:46 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]I've figured out a way to determine which file is which model. The only problem is it doesn't extract with current programs. "p3d" is a semi-common file type, but these are different in a slight way. Their contents can be viewed, but not properly extracted. I've got four models I'm looking for, isolated here. The p3d's contain both the models and the textures. Can someone find a way to convert/extract these?

Dropbox Link
Try running 3d ripper dx or Ninja ripper on the program used to view it, that's how I ripped fate models from PC.(sorry for bump).
Well the problem is the program that I use to find the models does NOT actually view them at all due to an incompatibility. These are apparently updated formats of the filetype, so all I can do with it is find the file names and organize them with it.
.p3d are a similar format as those in Simpsons hit and run, which have model support.
https://donutteam.com/forum/topic/492/ allows some modles to be extracted and used.
Note the this doesn't work on all models for some unknown reason.

Using Dragon Unpacker or Game extractor on the Wii or Ps2 versions can be used to get the textures
See here on how to do it for wii.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRe7fiPEWuw

I know there is a script method to get some remaining parts but I think that only works with Crash of the Titans models. And they have tons of annoying glitches in them too.
Ah, that's actually the program I use to find them. None of them load in it properly. As for the textures, I've tried that method with Mind over Mutant for Wii, but it doesn't seem to work.
I tried to do a same thing as you.
I actually found textures in there, and most of Mutant characters. Finding a 3D model should be easy but that program cannot proper to extract them, just only find the stages models in there. I'm using Wii version, although, PS2 version was likely not proper anything. I haven't try on XBox version, maybe that would be different....
Yeah I see what you mean, some models work whilst others don't. Like I know Aku Aku works but hardly any others do. The Pure 3D 4 works well with textures so you should be able to get them that way.

As for meshes try contacting the guy on this site http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/. He made the original Crash of the Titans ripping script and he might be willing to help you out.
But you should try to go for Crash of the Titans models as most are the same, except for Coco and the titans.
I contacted him long ago and he never got back to me. The converter he made for CoTT is also extremely flawed...
Figured!
XBox version on Pure3D Editor seems can be load works on most every models, including the characters/Mutants.
Although some .p3d files cannot be load for some reason.
Hm, I don't have the 360 version on hand. Is there any chance you can get the models of Neo Cortex and N. Brio for me from it?
(03-20-2016, 10:51 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I don't have the 360 version on hand. Is there any chance you can get the models of Neo Cortex and N. Brio for me from it?

Here you go! https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjytz4devfyusd...o.zip?dl=0

Took me for hours to find that stuff for you.... I haven't set up anything for the textures, its should work with your dump textures from the Wii version.

I have been end up open every files as possible, the game assets are pretty much BIG disorganized.
I tried to find N.Gin myself on a copy a friend gave me, but I can't find his model anywhere! Do you happen to have it?

Also this guy, the Sludge hero.

(03-21-2016, 04:43 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to find N.Gin myself on a copy a friend gave me, but I can't find his model anywhere! Do you happen to have it?

Also this guy, the Sludge hero.

I have 90% ripped-able of characters, some of them need to dump a textures from the emulator as possibly. Some reason, Pure3D Editor doesn't load it.

Here is N.Gin, and Sludge hero: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0md5q684mnpux...n.zip?dl=0
If you can recall, which p3d file held the Sludge Hero? I found a way to extract textures using TiledGGD from them if I have the original p3d.
(03-22-2016, 12:01 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]If you can recall, which p3d file held the Sludge Hero? I found a way to extract textures using TiledGGD from them if I have the original p3d.

I can't remember exactly, all files are end up with random names, you have to play around open every of them as possible, if you have a time.

And I forgot to mention, not every .p3d files are the actual raw model, you can find them in other extensions too. Pick some of them on hex editor, and see the first line say "P3D", it's the raw model. The game assets is really weird.
Pages: 1 2