The VG Resource

Full Version: m&l nipper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have decided to make a m&l nipper sheet and this is how far i have comed
update
Perhaps you could make the eyes look more angry. Looks good.
I like it, good job Big Grin
it look a bit pillowed though
i dont think i shall make him look angry beacuse then he looks less like nipper and im finished
Yeah, some sprites look pillowed, for example the third frame of the idle animation.

The overworld sprites look weird.

Some sprites are (> Attack) only slightly edited rotated versions of others - the shading should be changed on those to go with the lightsource.
I'd say that shading could be slightly improved overall.
(11-07-2008, 01:24 PM)BanefulKid Wrote: [ -> ]The overworld sprites look weird.

Some sprites are (> Attack) only slightly edited rotated versions of others - the shading should be changed on those to go with the lightsource.
I'd say that shading could be slightly improved overall.
This
is this better
Protip: Never upload BMPs to the internet. They're huge image files. Convert them to PNGs instead (or GIFs at the very least).

If you need an image converter: Irfanview
ok i will do that next time
or just save them as PNG in the first place...
However, if you save an image as a PNG then upload it to the internet, it experiences a slight problem and makes your image slightly darker. Not noticeable at first, but if you keep doing back and forth, it gets darker and darker.

But there is a solution, if you save it as a BMP but upload it to Imageshack, it automatically converts it to PNG without altering your colors.
(11-15-2008, 01:01 AM)koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]However, if you save an image as a PNG then upload it to the internet, it experiences a slight problem and makes your image slightly darker. Not noticeable at first, but if you keep doing back and forth, it gets darker and darker.

But there is a solution, if you save it as a BMP but upload it to Imageshack, it automatically converts it to PNG without altering your colors.

Huh... I never would have caught on to that.
(11-15-2008, 01:01 AM)koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]However, if you save an image as a PNG then upload it to the internet, it experiences a slight problem and makes your image slightly darker. Not noticeable at first, but if you keep doing back and forth, it gets darker and darker.

TIFF works too, and its smaller than a bmp
koopaul, you can avoid the darkening PNG issue by just keeping a copy of the original BMP around. See you don't make changes on the actual PNG itself. You make changes on the BMP file and then convert the BMP into PNG.

By keeping your BMPs even after converting them, you'll always have a backup.