The VG Resource

Full Version: Trying to rip from 'Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm trying to rip the Skies of Arcadia map models from 'Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed'. The Delphinus model looks too sexy and I must have it. Where should I start by ripping them? I have a Steam copy of the game and in the data folder I see these files.
[Image: oI1DfrW.png]

Those 'GameAssets' files look really tempting to me. How could I open these files? I've been searching for hours but to no avail.
(02-27-2016, 10:28 PM)Arctiq Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I'm trying to rip the Skies of Arcadia map models from 'Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed'. The Delphinus model looks too sexy and I must have it. Where should I start by ripping them? I have a Steam copy of the game and in the data folder I see these files.
[Image: oI1DfrW.png]

Those 'GameAssets' files look really tempting to me. How could I open these files? I've been searching for hours but to no avail.

if you could upload these samples, people could help and take a look for you!
(02-27-2016, 11:42 PM)Anex Wrote: [ -> ]if you could upload these samples, people could help and take a look for you!

Here is the link to the asset files. I hope this is what you mean.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8kcmkbm0sphcl0i
first of all: sorry for thread necro, but it seems my research could come in handy for that game

for the game asset files, you will need quickbms and this script: https://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/sonic_...lstars.bms (use it on .toc files)
[you can delete the .m00/.m01 and toc file if you extracted all in the data folder of the game, it will still run smoothly]

all models and texture files are contained inside these files: .gpu.spc and .cpu.spc

now onto chunk info (those are contained inside the .cpu.spc file)

if chunk header is 0xD6D1820C: texture file
if chunk header is 0xB111B40E: meta info
if chunk header is 0x22008309: animation info
if chunk header is 0x29318F0A: animation data
if chunk header is 0x115AB800: skeleton data
if chunk header is 0xCA121903: model data
if chunk header is 0x777A9B0E: shader data
if chunk header is 0x79C90901: material data

now, well, just have to find a way to import and maybe export those files knowing those info.

Also, important note: even if the extension is different, know that All Star Racing Transformed and Team Sonic Racing shares the same data format