The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic Adventure 2 body problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm attempting to rip models from the Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure 2 using SAMDL. However, I've run into a major issue. While it'll export heads, hand, and feet, characters' bodies don't export without error. So I'm getting stuff like this:
[attachment=6096]

Does anyone have a clue what's going on? Specifically, the error I get says "Error(s) encountered during export. Inspect the output file for more details."

Also, it will only load models of playable characters, so bosses and stuff are inaccessible.

There's supposedly another program for this purpose floating around out there made by Sanik, but I can't find it.
(02-18-2016, 10:24 AM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm attempting to rip models from the Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure 2 using SAMDL. However, I've run into a major issue. While it'll export heads, hand, and feet, characters' bodies don't export without error. So I'm getting stuff like this:

Does anyone have a clue what's going on? Specifically, the error I get says "Error(s) encountered during export. Inspect the output file for more details."

Also, it will only load models of playable characters, so bosses and stuff are inaccessible.

There's supposedly another program for this purpose floating around out there made by Sanik, but I can't find it.

I'll see if I can find anything to help you man, there must be something out there that can help.

*Also on a side note, did you find out what was wrong with my sonic chronicles model?
I'm giving up on this. SAMDL is like a curse to my computer. Now it stops responding as soon as I open it, its process refuses to die, and my other programs follow suit.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it in that respect.

The program lets you export to 3 formats: Collada, C Structs, and Obj. What's C Structs? Obj results in the example I posted a picture of and Collada doesn't seem to result in anything.
(02-24-2016, 09:55 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm giving up on this. SAMDL is like a curse to my computer. Now it stops responding as soon as I open it, its process refuses to die, and my other programs follow suit.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it in that respect.

The program lets you export to 3 formats: Collada, C Structs, and Obj. What's C Structs? Obj results in the example I posted a picture of and Collada doesn't seem to result in anything.

There needs to be some way to rip models easier from SA2, don't know if it exists yet, but this needs to happen.
The program was never completed enough to support SA2 models entirely.
(02-29-2016, 04:59 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]The program was never completed enough to support SA2 models entirely.

That is a shame, in the future it would be great if we found someone with the programming expertise with the understanding of how the files of SA2 works and is good with a hex editor to be able to create a full program to allow us to rip from SA2/SA2:B easier, and maybe after that do SA/SADX as an update to that program which would be most beneficial.

Do you or anyone else know someone who has these capabilities?
That explains it. I know there was another program out there, but it seems to have completely disappeared from the Internet.
(03-01-2016, 05:21 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]That explains it. I know there was another program out there, but it seems to have completely disappeared from the Internet.

Do you know the name of it?
No, only that it was made by someone named Sanik.
(03-01-2016, 06:31 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]No, only that it was made by someone named Sanik.

I don't know if this will help, but I think that I may have found it:

It is in the first link of the comments in the link below.
https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?...22950&st=0

And this second link has Sanik talking about the SA2 hacking/model ripping program.
http://forumsx.sonic-cult.org/index.php?...ntry184223

I don't know if this will help, but I hope that it does.
That must be it, but it tells me I don't have enough free RAM.

EDIT: Following those instruction gets results, but not the kind I had in mind:

[attachment=6208]

There's still no signs of the body and legs, and several parts seem to be fused together. Notice her fingertips sticking out of the top of her head. They're all one piece.