The VG Resource

Full Version: (want to start) Detective Pikachu Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, just want to start out by saying that I have no way to get this game, and don't even know if this can be done before the English release, but nevertheless I wanted to at least start a conversation on how possible this is and what we would need to make it happen. it being a digital game i'm sure doesn't help that and the fact it's only Japanese right now but I still want to see what you guys think about the do ablility for this. sorry if the tittle of this thread is slightly click baity, but at least I didn't go with my first choice.
(02-08-2016, 08:41 AM)Red Streak Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone, just want to start out by saying that I have no way to get this game, and don't even know if this can be done before the English release, but nevertheless I wanted to at least start a conversation on how possible this is and what we would need to make it happen. it being a digital game i'm sure doesn't help that and the fact it's only Japanese right now but I still want to see what you guys think about the do ablility for this. sorry if the tittle of this thread is slightly click baity, but at least I didn't go with my first choice.

For now I suggest trying to get the CIA file of that game, I think that finally is the time for Farlavor to start doing something, isn't it?
Oh yes, it is. Wink

I know the place to get the CIA, but first I must ensure of the game CIA is there for the taking.
I will try to extract it using certain tutorial I kept on a playlist on my Youtube channel and start giving away raw model files.
I will upload it on an upcoming edit of this post, just in case I find the CIA and get the models.
Just wait a moment. ok?

Edit 1: I found it, downloading right now.
Edit 2: Bad news, I couldn't unpack the CIA's model files, (I got an error pop up saying "Error opening ticket" on 3DSExplorer 1.5.1)... I will send to you a PM with the MEGA URL to download CIA and try to get the models yourself. I'm sorry.

PS: I hate how difficult are the nintendo 3DS models to rip...  Cry
i got the files unpacked from the game, and the game uses BCH model format, which loads fine in Ohana Rebirth.
[Image: ghIJq8x.png]
(02-08-2016, 03:58 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: [ -> ]i got the files unpacked from the game, and the game uses BCH model format, which loads fine in Ohana Rebirth.

That pikachu scares me http://www.vg-resource.com/images/custom...rprise.png

So, it's going to be easy to rip files then? That's good to know! Gonna get that CIA now (if I can)
pretty much install the cia to ur 3ds... then use braindump to get the romfs and use a unpacker to extract the files from it.
(02-08-2016, 07:15 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: [ -> ]pretty much install the cia to ur 3ds... then use braindump to get the romfs and use a unpacker to extract the files from it.
Shoot, I'm using an O3DS, so braindump will take forever! Oh well.
Wow you guys do good work fast thanks so much for actually responding to this thread. if you don't mind me asking what's with the models eyes. i'm assuming that it's your viewer or the texture isn't there or something like that, and I also noticed it looks like the way the model is in the picture that the face is it's own object (makes sense if that's the case) i'm also curious if they used a different model for when it's game play vs. when pikachu is taking to you. i really hope that if it is that they didn't just do it and cut scenes making the better model unavailable, and i'm not talking about the intro that is hardcore prerendered. anyway thanks again for attempting this and let me know what I can do to help i'm not to good for much but I can follow directions pretty well.
(02-08-2016, 07:13 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2016, 03:58 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: [ -> ]i got the files unpacked from the game, and the game uses BCH model format, which loads fine in Ohana Rebirth.

That pikachu scares me http://www.vg-resource.com/images/custom...rprise.png

So, it's going to be easy to rip files then? That's good to know! Gonna get that CIA now (if I can)

Ohmygosh... indeed it will be the inspiration for a new kind of Pokémon like creepypasta. Although I suck at ripping models directly from a simple CIA (Making my final option of 3DS model ripping a failure like all the others), it seems I will not keep my promise of making rips of Toriko Gourmet Monsters and other 3DS games in the future... which mostly saddens the heck out of me...  Cry
I can probably look into Toriko Gourmet Monsters for ya... all i gotta do is just install the cia to my 3ds and brain dump it, not that hard to do, but installing and using braindump is extremely slow.

edit:
nvm.. can't find a cia of the game..
So um are we at a dead end? the model looks pretty good as it is. i'm sure that's it's just the viewer to blame for it looking like creepy in the eyes. is it possible to export it with it's rig? or is it stuck right now. not trying to be annoying I just want to be on the same page. you guys are doing great.
if anyone wants the files, i'll gladly provide them to you guys. im just a ripper/data miner, i don't have any plans on uploading the models on here.
(02-10-2016, 01:35 AM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: [ -> ]if anyone wants the files, i'll gladly provide them to you guys. im just a ripper/data miner, i don't have any plans on uploading the models on here.

Wow that would be great! um just one question though by files what do you mean exactally. do you mean the model? the game? and if it is a model what format is it currently in? that way I can know what to do with it from there. thanks sooo much it's so cool that you guys jumped on this, thank you.
the original files ripped from the romfs, which are in BCH format.
ok I'll take them. do you know where I could get the tools to keep working on these or convert them perchance? you've been an amazing help by the way thank you so much
You can use Ohana Rebirth to open the models and export them as DAE or SMD along with PNG exporting.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-ohana3ds-tool.392576/

edit:
if anyone want any of the model files, you can download the pack here. Give credit tho if you upload the models up on here to model resource.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixepkn482njjor...s.rar?dl=0
Pages: 1 2