The VG Resource

Full Version: Sheegoth (Metroid Prime)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, I'd like to say hello.
I'm not new to this place, I've used it for a while, but I never really thought about joining the forum until recently....
However, I am kinda new to spriting.
A year or two ago I decided I wanted to take a shot at spriting (on the Sheegoth from the first Metroid Prime), and wow, it's hard, and I'm doing a custom set too (or at least I was, but the project just kinda, stopped), wow.

Anywho, I've attached my shot at spriting. I'm a newb at this, so it looks purty crappy, but not many people ever saw it because the place it was at closed down...
So just tell me what ya think about it. Criticism and compliments accepted.

And get to know me, I can be a fun guy.
Should never save as a JPG. but other than that nice try and welcome ^,^
The lineart looks okahy but the sprites are ruined because you saved them as jpegs.

Use png when saving sprites.
looks like oyu took a flat color to the concept art and filled it in then saved as JPEG
First of all, welcome, TwilightSamus, to tSR.

Secondly, yeah the colors don't look right for a sprite... Maybe if you were trying to make a cel-shaded Metroid game it would work... But I wouldn't uses these side-by-side with, say, Zero Mission sprites.

Thirdly, yeah it shouldn't be a JPG. But since it's not a submission (yet?), that's not too big of a problem.
It looks like it's taking a piss.
i wouldnt call that running,its barly MOVING.