The VG Resource

Full Version: Need some help ripping from a PS1 game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to import the bin file I extracted from a save state into PSX-Vram, but it doesn't seem to want to import it, it just stays on the same main screen.
 I tried dragging it onto the main window and directly onto the exe, but neither is producing any result. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a specific way to extract the file and is it supposed to be a bin file? 

I'm trying to rip sprites from the old Space Jam game for PS1, if anyone's curious. There's also a DOS version of the same game, but the animations are scaled back a bit, and I don't recognize any file extensions in the game's files beyond .bin

Any help would be appreciated.
Can you upload the .bin for us to take a look at?
Here's the bin file, I'm not sure if this is what's causing the problem or the application, I followed the tutorial on PSX-Vram on here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3i0Hnm...sp=sharing
Hi Fezworth,
In psx-vram you must find the color palette of your picture you want to take (without this you have something that look horrible).
For find the color palette of your picture you must click in 0 and drag your red cross with the directionnel arrow of your keyboard.
And then do a screenshoot (print screen) of your window and paste in paint.
(02-05-2016, 03:38 PM)kanatos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Fezworth,
In psx-vram you must find the color palette of your picture you want to take (without this you have something that look horrible).
For find the color palette of your picture you must click in 0 and drag your red cross with the directionnel arrow of your keyboard.
And then do a screenshoot (print screen) of your window and paste in paint.

Thanks, but that doesn't exactly help me with my situation at all. I think I'll just close this thread at try to figure it out myself if no one has any real answers for this problem. Thanks for the help anyways.
What game is it?
A BIN-file? Why would you use that? Make a quicksave, rename the file extension (.001, .002, etc.) to .gz and unzip it with WinRAR.

Then you can drag it into your PSX-VRAM window.
Winrar can open .001, .002, etc. files without the rename.
(02-08-2016, 04:34 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]A BIN-file? Why would you use that? Make a quicksave, rename the file extension (.001, .002, etc.) to .gz and unzip it with WinRAR.

Then you can drag it into your PSX-VRAM window.

I did do that and that's what I ended up with. The tutorial never explained what type of file your supposed to get out of the save.

(02-08-2016, 12:28 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]What game is it?

I mentioned the game in the original post.
Ah, right you are... I missed that. My bad!