The VG Resource

Full Version: NEO Fuquest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friends and I talked about this project and we analyzed what didn't really work in the original idea:

1- Not enough spontaneous weirdness
2- OW THE EDGE storyline
3- Sprites were a little too big for the style - which caused some props to be low-detailed

Because of these, we devised a new style that should easen production. The hardest part (type of perspective for rooms) has been decided and while it's not visually accurate to real life, it is detailed enough to maximize immersion.

I made a small mockup for your enjoyment! I'll make more as I progress further.

[Image: b9345543a45a0285e8a6582797d6181d.gif]
Dangit, you got my hopes up. I read the topic, and I was expecting something with anthros.

But in all seriousness, the mock-up is very good. Kind of reminds me of the Mother franchise.
(01-18-2016, 08:45 AM)Benny The Miraj Wrote: [ -> ]Dangit, you got my hopes up. I read the topic, and I was expecting something with anthros.

I understand the disappointment. Anthropology is an interesting and invaluable field of study.

Although most courses I can think of are college level, if you are in high school they might offer some sort of field of study through the average social studies class, or if you approach your school's guidance counselor they can arrange for some sort of anthropological field trip.
What you've got so far is really fantastic, Gors! You handled your perspective quite well and everything is brimming detail. Though, maybe a little too much detail in some places...

The table sheet patterns are really noisy and the outlines of the seated characters blend in with the chairs. I'd suggest widening the gaps between the seats/tables and widening the cushions by a pixel or two. The pattern on the green wall doesn't work very well with the perspective, either. To me, it looks like it's floating off the wall independent of the perspective. A design with horizontal lines rather than vertical might clear that up.
DDP nailed it. Everything looks great, but those tablecloths either have to be muted or made plain.
Getting some really fuzzy Earthbound/Mother 3 vibes from this.

I like it!
I think the most glaring issue is....

where is the welcome mat!?
You can't have a proper maid cafe without a good welcome mat! It's just uncivilized and rude!

otherwise, great stuff; maybe use a slightly lighter gray outline for background details so it doesn't blend with characters so much?
I am not sure on how to make rugs next to slanted walls yet - but that is indeed a problem and I should be punished

I kinda feel that the plaid is kinda harsh on the eyes too, will tone them down

[Image: c9bb675716af3b41d7beef98e7cb9686.png]

Your run of the mill brazilian Police Station. You cant have a city without the presence of Law

Back to Maid Café, I also have those sprites for the clerk. Both she and the long haired one needs names, so I accept suggestions.

[Image: 9eb1d53d3d484d81ea74a3b708743f8a.png]
[Image: 07cf9a34348c8c81ad676bb67dfe92a9.png]

Partially fixed stuff

1- tablecloth made less harsh
2- added welcome mat
3- walls and furtinures are now outlined in brown instacd of black (though i need to make more tests as it's not good yet)

EDIT:

the couches were not edited yet - I'll get to it
[Image: 9b1411b2d81c7fabdaf3cf942c022afb.png]

Ieda, the hardworking language teacher.
[Image: 2debae5b1c5ee4f0caf80493bd33aba1.png]
[Image: 198832c13388fef454014fa2c457cc24.png]
[Image: 781c5b2d8fb41989a1a30989a4cdac08.png]
[Image: ukI0ePW.png]
due to the lack of shadows beneath the balconies on the blue building, they dont really look attached to the building
Pages: 1 2