The VG Resource

Full Version: Creating model icons! Post your models here, get icons :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you checked the Models Resource, you probably saw this update:
[Image: iHBn5AU.png]
Well it seems like people aren't creating icons for their models. Not doing this not only slows down the model revision process, but also makes more work for Peardian to do. This impacts everyone, because Peardian is the only one who's revising the models submissions. So, no icons = slower process = more work. So that's where I come in. I'll render you models if you post them here, and I'll send them to you. Then just include them in your rips, and it'll quicker for everyone Smile

I'll also do quick checks for problems with the models, so I can tell you what to fix before Peardian has to when he gets to your rip.

So go ahead and post your models, and I'll create icons for them, tl;dr. Hope this'll help everyone Smile
What's your best advice on creating icons? I'd like to learn how to as wellSmile.
(01-12-2016, 04:15 PM)Anexenaumoon Wrote: [ -> ]What's your best advice on creating icons? I'd like to learn how to as wellSmile.

Personally, I use 3DS Max to render out models, setting up lighting and different texture maps for the model. My best advice is to find a style of rendering you like and stick to it. And also figuring out what everything does. It's not something that can be necessarily taught or learned; you have to figure it out Tongue
(01-12-2016, 04:27 PM)ThatTrueStruggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2016, 04:15 PM)Anexenaumoon Wrote: [ -> ]What's your best advice on creating icons? I'd like to learn how to as wellSmile.

Personally, I use 3DS Max to render out models, setting up lighting and different texture maps for the model. My best advice is to find a style of rendering you like and stick to it. And also figuring out what everything does. It's not something that can be necessarily taught or learned; you have to figure it out Tongue

Figured out how to make iconsSmile. I really like doing it too. I'm willing to help anyone do so if needed! PM me or struggle if you'd like Smile.
If it's not too much trouble, could you maybe do an icon of this model?

[attachment=5987]

Its head is supposed to be translucent, so I'm not sure how it'll turn out.
(01-13-2016, 01:43 AM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]
If it's not too much trouble, could you maybe do an icon of this model?

Its head is supposed to be translucent, so I'm not sure how it'll turn out.
Sure I can try maybe?
Thanks, that looks fine.

I have 40 other models in the approval queue, so I won't request too much. However,  of those models are from the same game, so I'll guess I'll ask for those:

[attachment=5995][attachment=5994][attachment=5996]

I also have 2 models from the same game that I haven't submitted yet. I'll include them just in case you have time and are willing:

[attachment=5997][attachment=5998]
I'd like to say now, that the models you've posted have a Transparency setting applied to them. This doesn't do what you think it does; it makes the model completely transparent. Users will have to manually set up the transparency in their editor. To remove it, remove this from the MTL file: [Image: 5AyRXMH.png]

Remove the Tr tags from the mtl file; all of them.
Yeah, that's not supposed to be there. Here's updates of the offending models:
[attachment=6000][attachment=5999]

EDIT: Well, looks like Peardian did them already. All that are left are Hoopa's Ring and Pecha Berry Basket.
Yo, I'm horrible with using 3D software and my submission for Xenoblade Chronicles got through for tMR.  I'm starting to submit the playables,  Need some help getting the right icons.
Question, though: Is this just for the preview or the small icons? I can do the small icons but the larger ones are more...painful, because I don't blender. 
Attachment for the first submission:
I'd volunteer to render for people, too, if that's acceptable.

(01-20-2016, 12:13 AM)eureka Wrote: [ -> ]Yo, I'm horrible with using 3D software and my submission for Xenoblade Chronicles got through for tMR.  I'm starting to submit the playables,  Need some help getting the right icons.
Question, though: Is this just for the preview or the small icons? I can do the small icons but the larger ones are more...painful, because I don't blender. 
Attachment for the first submission:

Your Shulk model has a few broken textures. Take a look at that first.

(01-23-2016, 07:25 PM)SuperMario123311 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mediafire.com/download/i8r5c2...amodel.zip

Those DDS files need to be converted to PNG files. I'll do it for you this time, but it would be a time saver if you could do it yourself in the future!
(01-23-2016, 07:25 PM)SuperMario123311 Wrote: [ -> ]Those DDS files need to be converted to PNG files. I'll do it for you this time, but it would be a time saver if you could do it yourself in the future!

It would also be easier to have a .mtl file set up as well!
(01-23-2016, 09:15 PM)Anexenaumoon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2016, 07:25 PM)SuperMario123311 Wrote: [ -> ]Those DDS files need to be converted to PNG files. I'll do it for you this time, but it would be a time saver if you could do it yourself in the future!

It would also be easier to have a .mtl file set up as well!

That too. I wonder why it didn't export with a MTL file to begin with... Different program, I suppose.
Pages: 1 2 3