The VG Resource

Full Version: quick question!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would a 2D cursor in a 3D Wii game count as a sprite or a texture? I was dumping MySims Kingdom textures in Dolphin and it managed to grab the cursor graphics.

Same question for anything that isn't *clearly* on a 3D object, or like 2D effects that move around in the air (like butterflies)

Probably a silly question but I'm really new with this and want to be super exact

(Also each character has individual textures for their body/clothes, hair, and every single facial expression including neutral+blink. How do I go about submitting something like that? Zip? Sections? idk i think i'm thinking too much; or not thinking at all, i mean i just finished a 6-hour GBA sprite sheet lol)
Any 2D graphic that isn't attached on a 3D model is a sprite. So things like cursors, small particles, menu screen backgrounds, are all sprites.

How you organise textures is mainly up to you, just do what you think is best. It also depends on the game I suppose, and just how many textures there are. One thing you could do, for instance if all the textures are separated for genders, is submit things like "Male Body & Clothes", "Female Body & Clothes", "Male Face", "Female Face", and so on. Just how you want to group things is really your choice though.

And unless a submission is only of a single texture, or can neatly and comfortably be displayed as a sheet, ZIP is usually fine.
(01-07-2016, 07:28 AM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]Any 2D graphic that isn't attached on a 3D model is a sprite. So things like cursors, small particles, menu screen backgrounds, are all sprites.

How you organise textures is mainly up to you, just do what you think is best. It also depends on the game I suppose, and just how many textures there are. One thing you could do, for instance if all the textures are separated for genders, is submit things like "Male Body & Clothes", "Female Body & Clothes", "Male Face", "Female Face", and so on. Just how you want to group things is really your choice though.

And unless a submission is only of a single texture, or can neatly and comfortably be displayed as a sheet, ZIP is usually fine.

ahh, thank you for clearing that up!