The VG Resource

Full Version: GB/GBC Sprite Ripping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone explain to me how to use YYCHR to rip all sprites from zelda LA/OOS/OOA
currently it brings up a ton of random pixels
(01-05-2016, 06:07 PM)X Zero Wrote: [ -> ]can someone explain to me how to use YYCHR to rip all sprites from zelda LA/OOS/OOA
currently it brings up a ton of random pixels

First, you will need to get the palettes ( the colors used by the sprites). Play the game until the sprites are displayed, and make a save states. Then with YYCHR, do Palette/Load Save state. You can then select the palette in the bottom right.
Secondly,  in YYCHR, dont forget to set the format to "2BPP GB". 
Then, you scroll down until you see something you recognize,take the correct, adjust with the arrows on the side until the image is clear, and youre done Tongue
This is how i do with Snes ( except for the format part, of course), im guessing its the same.
hmm when I click load from emulator state file it doesn't show the file inless i click the all file types tab.
however even then it doesn't seem to be able to load them.
it gives me some sort of string with letters numbers a symbles

also it is on 2BPP GB mode
(01-06-2016, 03:26 PM)Shadowblitz16 Wrote: [ -> ]hmm when I click load from emulator state file it doesn't show the file inless i click the all file types tab.
however even then it doesn't seem to be able to load them.
it gives me some sort of string with letters numbers a symbles

also it is on 2BPP GB mode

Hmm, maybe the save state made by your emulator arent compatible. Just tried Visual Boy advance and it works. ( Vba produce .sgm files)