The VG Resource

Full Version: An odd question - old model involved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyya! I'm pretty new with things and had alot of questions lately, but decided this one question was extensive/text wall-y enough to have its own topic. I'll just copy/paste from what I started and continue on.  It became late writing this (my computer likes to freeze) so excuse me if I sound tired by the end.

Question Block Okay now this question is totally different. It may be a bit odd...and extensive. So please hang tight lol. For some background, since I doubt ANYONE has heard of this, there's a game called "The 3D Adventures of Sailor Moon"; North American thing, 1997, for Windows. This game is definitely an oddity. I had a download of the game lying around and the way the game is.....the files are all right there. Just in folders. (Heck, the songs are just bare MIDIs. MIDIS!!) So anyway, with the files being so out in the open, I expect to find the actual "3D" models themselves somewhere. Sp here I am looking for obvious files... Turns out they're actually .RWX files, aka basically text-based 3D models. SO long story short I find a program that can export them as something more like an .OBJ file, yadda yadda. 

Here's where it gets...quirky. So the untouched pose that Sailor Moon's model (and the other sailors) is in isn't a standard T-pose. It's more like....a weird mid-walk. 

[Image: NOT-A-T-POSE.png]
Well doesn't SHE look lovely?  Shocked 

Amusingly so.

Anyway....so I tweaked some things and eventually had her in a more acceptable T-pose form. Not perfect, but still.

So while I'm on this part of the topic, if I were to upload models from this game, would it be acceptable if as a Zip I included the T-pose version I made AND the original slouchy version since it's THE unedited file? Or....idk. I feel silly now, somehow.

Here's her in the mimic T-pose for reference;

[Image: made-T-pose.png]
 Sweatdrop Smug  She's still a bit off.....

So I try to add bones because she actually moves in the game (who wants to animate a brick?), yadda yadda, fix some things....

TLDR; before I drag on and lose the point of what I wanted to say, is it ok to submit touched-up models (packaged in a Zip with their original models) if the original model was pretty wonky/messed up? Should I even BE DOING touch-ups like this? I'm really new to this, so any help would be great.

Also does the fact that I'm not exactly "ripping from a game file" but still accessing a game's model and putting it into a more modern format mean anything in terms of rules/being acceptable? 

Assuming anyone wants these models.

*posts before my browser crash-closes*
I'd personally include both the original rip and the edit you made (though your t-pose'd edit looks rather wonky, no offense)
Oh yeah, mind uploading one of the RWX files? Maybe there's still some bones to be ripped from it.
I would just include the original model, I don't mind if models are not t-posed, but that's your choice.
(12-27-2015, 10:41 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]I'd personally include both the original rip and the edit you made (though your t-pose'd edit looks rather wonky, no offense)
Oh yeah, mind uploading one of the RWX files? Maybe there's still some bones to be ripped from it.

Haha no offense taken, it was my first time doing something like this.

And yeah, I just uploaded a few RWX files. The sailors apparently have two versions, "Fash" and "Circle" (example: marcircle.rwx, marfash.rwx) -- the only visible difference being their head's tilt -- I included both Mars' and Moon's in the zip (Moon's is named a bit different) in-case one was more helpful than the other.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zwdzhm...or-RWX.zip
I've actually heard of this game before.

What did you use to convert the models? I'm wondering if there are other games that use this format.
(12-27-2015, 11:04 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]I've actually heard of this game before.

What did you use to convert the models? I'm wondering if there are other games that use this format.

I had found a program called AccuTrans 3D and just used that.

Edit: so due to the sudden halt in replies I'll just assume I try and upload this model(s) when I can for starters, and if anything relevant comes up I'll just edit the upload (assuming I can, and assuming the upload gets accepted).

Also this is my first time with something like this so if I stick to it I'll definitely improve later.