The VG Resource

Full Version: Holiday Haul Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello vgr!!! i realize not everyone celebrates Christmas but exchanges gifts anyhow soooo i kept it open ended. even if you didn't get anything you can still like, share your plans and stuff i guess.

(also I realize this is probably an RL forum thread but uhm, please find it in your hearts, Dear Mods, to move the thread in 2016. I posted it here for visibility)

so, vgr, two big questions:
- what'd you do to celebrate your holiday?? anything Black Friday onward is fair game (scoring sick deals is pretty festive) and I guess up until New Year's 2016 is fine too
- did you get anything cool this year from relatives this month (or Santa/Hanukkah Harry/Grinch)?? feel free to make lists (I know how much you all like making lists) and pictures are definitely encouraged

- bonus round: did you EAT ANYTHING COOL when spending time with your relatives??? max festive points if you post pictures of the food (might be hard tho when no phones are allowed at the table)(which is why you get max festive points)

discuss!!!
Where are all the joyful posts? Everybody get in here and make each other jealous!

Got lots of neato stuff
  • A Playstation 4 (With Star Wars Battlefront 3 and Arkham Knight)
  • New headphones
  • One Punch Man mangas
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • DBZ: Extreme Butouden
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Link and Ganondorf amiibos
  • A few movies
  • Steam and Amazon cards
  • Some candy
  • Some clothes
  • Some other things
  • And best of all a head scratcher!!!
Overall, had a lot of fun, visited some family, ate tasty food. 10/10 holiday.

Oh, speaking of food, there was chicken alfredo, garlic bread, mac n cheese, ham, eggs, bacon, biscuits, and homemade pies everywhere. I'm bad at explaining food in detail so that's all I have for you! : >

Hope everybody had a radular whatever-you-celebrate!
Well, I've had a really quiet Christmas by myself, but my friends sent me some things: a Yu Narukami plushie, Japanese Cherry Blossom B&BW set, Godiva chocolates. And on Steam this morning before it choked and died, I was sent Organ Trail and Final Fantasy V.
We have a similar thread at Sprites Inc. so I just copied and modified it.
Final as of 8Cute8PM EST, December 26:
$20 Best Buy Gift Card -> Spent on Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin for the 360
$190 Cash < Recent change
Bag of Sponge Candy
Chewbacca Slippers
Chocolate covered pretzel
Knit hat
Sleeping pants
Cap light
$40 Gamestop Gift Card -> Spent on Phantom Pain and House of the Dead 2+3 Returns
My family doesn't celebrate Christmas so I didn't get any materialistic items. However simply joy and happiness that Christmas itself brings is enough of a present for me Content

(also Shade gifted me Undertale)

((also Susanna made me something but idk what it is yet and I'm getting it on the 31st so it doesn't count))
I actually got a brand new laptop! Asus this time. It's pretty darn awesome.
I got a brand new shirt, Yoshi's Woolly World, a Mario 30th Edition Amiibo, and a portable hardrive too. It was a great haul!
I've been finding it really hard to find anything good on Steam during this sale. I kinda wish the flash sales were still a thing. Ah well.

I actually got a good amount of things. I actually can't remember them all, so here's what I got off the top of my head:
  • Cinemarella got me the three best things:
  • The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, and The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck Companion (I've wanted this book for YEARS. I can't wait to curl up on the couch and read about my favoritest Disney character ever)
  • A collectable Disney statue of Scrooge McDuck diving into his uh, y'know, his shittons of gold.
  • Ever see those Chex Mix Muddy Buddies that are chocolate peanut-butter flavored? I got homeade ones but i have 3 GIANT CONTAINERS OF THEM. do i have the best gf or do i have the best gf
    Everyone else got me pretty cool things, too and I didn't really dislike anything.
    Here's what else I got:
  • Two dress shirts
  • A candle that smells like Pepperidge Farms' Milano cookies (I like this a lot but I am on the hunt for a burger-scented candle, too)
  • BMO Noir and Gir Funko POP! figures (I...actually really don't like Gir but I don't want to be that guy and offend the person by asking for the receipt to exchange the item with, so I'm in a bit of a pickle)
  • Very festive though distinctly masculine air freshener
  • White chocolate dipped Oreo cookies
  • Gertrude Hawk lil milk chocolate Santas
  • 3-pack of handheld firestarters (think lighters, but long and used to start a fire in a wood stove)
  • a 64GB MicroSDXC card
  • Ratchet & Clank HD Collection for PS3 (oh god I need to marathon this before the movie comes out omg)
  • Two zip-up sweaters (I actually wear this one sweater over and over and over again. Now I have three so I can rotate. Hooray for being unintentionally fucking gross in retrospect)
  • FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS????????????????????

sooo uh yeah thats wat I got. as for FOODS i visited TWO FAMILIES two times each OVER TWO DAYS (four visits!!) and ate a lot of Italianish food. Highlights include spaghetti, calamari, meatballs, stuffed shells, clams in shells, breaded chicken with lemon sauce (does this have a name???) paella, little baked potatoes, brownies, cookies, more brownies, little cream puffballs. Even more brownies. Ham with pineapple and cherries. Mashed potatoes. Green beans. A very spongy vanilla cake with lemon frosting. I can't stop farting. GROSS

So uh good Christmas? Yes good Christmas. I'll go back and add some stock pictures for some of these in case you're all curious, but I'm not gonna like...
show them off

I'm debating buying either a handheld Android-based handheld called the GPD XD or importing a Cybergadget Retro Freak with some of my Christmas money but I'm seriously on the fence about purchasing either item. I'll try calling some retailers in NYC and going that route instead instead of possibly buying either through a questionable, dodgy website. :/
Ok so my Mom had asked me what I wanted for Christmas, for those of you not playing keepups with my life, I had moved to Ohio from Rhode Island kinda recently (Like a year ago)

I told her that I wanted her to start sending back my game systems and games/DVDs

I have 3 boxes on the way thats not of any of that, but actual christmas gifts from her. So I have no idea what to expect out of that

Beyond that, a couple of my friends visited me for a little bit for gift exchange and they got me an actual Ocarina, and not one of those cheap plastic ones either. Guess I have a new instrument to learn!!!!!!
I got :
-An ASUS laptop (so I don't have to use my 9-year-old linux pc anymore! :p)
-Some 'DoohicKey'
-Candy, which Ill probably finish by sunday
I also got clothes, which my parents said that our cat bought them (because, why not)
i got:

a $50 steam card
a $20 steam card
a $35 nintendo eshop card
$20
xenoblade chronicles x
super mario maker
money for band
a new french horn mouthpiece
a captain falcon amiibo
THIS HP ENVY x360 LAPTOP, WHICH IS GREAT, GUYSSSSSS. NO MORE VISTA AND NO MORE DESKTOP :^ )
I ate around three plates full of dressing/stuffing. Not exactly the most photogenic food.

•Pikmin 2
•LOZ Ocarina of Time + Majora's Mask
•a few of flannel shirts
•Mario Kart 7
•Shovel Knight
•Yoshi's Wooly World
•$50 eShop card
•Candles. So many candles.
•Around $100 cash
Got a few gifts from my brothers and my IRL friend -- Earth Defense Force 2025, the Retro amiibo 3-pack, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, a new PS4 controller and a Batman-themed T-shirt. And then I got Bombernauts, Dying Light, Metal Slug 1, X and 3, Skullgirls from my brother and some friends of mine on Steam.

Also had some bacon and eggs for breakfast and some lasagna and cabbage rolls for supper, didn't take any pictures of that because I personally think taking pictures of your food is silly. Overall, it was a very nice day. Pretty Content (✿◡‿‿◡)

(And my brothers got Bayonetta 1/2 and Hyrule Warriors, so I can mooch those off of 'em too, heh.)
(12-26-2015, 01:18 AM)Quirby64 Wrote: [ -> ]-Some 'DoohicKey'

I DON'T KNOW WHY but for some reason I'm really, really intrigued to know exactly what this 'DoohicKey' is. Is it like an all-in-one tool or something, lol
$30 paypal
$20 cash
a bunny plushie handmade by my friend
a set of painted canvas squares as a puzzle by another friend

not a great haul but still good Smile

edit: i ate breakfast burritos for breakfast (otherwise theyd be lunch or even dinner burritos) and for dinner i ate lasagna, garlic bread, and cannolis
Got some tank tops, a pair of galaxy running shorts, a reversible fleece sweatshirt, headphones to replace my current single-earbud ones, and a Galaxy S III.

The new phone was a big upgrade, considering my previous was a Pantech Breeze II (which is still a great phone).

Overall, was a great Christmas. Got to see my cousin for a few days and taught him how to play Sonic on his new GameCube (Sonic Mega Collection), which brought back some nostalgia since my first system was a Sega Genesis.

(12-26-2015, 02:51 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2015, 01:18 AM)Quirby64 Wrote: [ -> ]-Some 'DoohicKey'

I DON'T KNOW WHY but for some reason I'm really, really intrigued to know exactly what this 'DoohicKey' is. Is it like an all-in-one tool or something, lol

Based on the way he wrote it out, I'm guessing he is talking about this DoohicKey.
Pages: 1 2