The VG Resource

Full Version: Multimedia fusion game rip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The game desolate hope, I want to attempt to rip the sprites. It's a PC game and I have no idea how to do so. It's made in multimedia fusion so I am assuming that I would have to get that and actually look into the coding of the game to get the sprites. I need help on how I should attempt to do this because I know little to none about this sprite ripping..
Go to the game's folder and look for files that might contain sprites and stuff. Not the .exe but other things, possibly in a "content" or "data" subfolder.

There's no clear-cut method on ripping PC games, it's just looking for files and seeing if it's possible to extract/convert them.
(12-16-2015, 09:20 PM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the game's folder and look for files that might contain sprites and stuff. Not the .exe but other things, possibly in a "content" or "data" subfolder.

There's no clear-cut method on ripping PC games, it's just looking for files and seeing if it's possible to extract/convert them.

I understand that. I got the game off steam and there is only a application, rich text format, and a text document There may be no way for me to get them through that method. Unless there is a hidden folder I am not seeing or something. Do you think a screen capture technique could work for this? I have never done it before only heard of it.
Use offzip on the exe (application) file.
usage is something like
Code:
offzip -a filename outputfolder offset(use 0)

It should spit out a bunch of files with offsets as their names.
Upload a couple of those here; I bet they will contain the textures.
(12-17-2015, 12:10 AM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]Use offzip on the exe (application) file.
usage is something like
Code:
offzip -a filename outputfolder offset(use 0)

It should spit out a bunch of files with offsets as their names.
Upload a couple of those here; I bet they will contain the textures.

When I try to use it, it just opens and closes instantly...

Update: I tried something exactly like this program and it didn't work, but I managed to find some other forums similar to exactly what I am trying to do. Some say it's impossible to extract the exe file using a program like that because nobody has made one for multimedia fusion programs. From what I gathered I'll have to get the program and extract them if that doesn't work then I'll just try a screen cap method.