The VG Resource

Full Version: Planning On Ripping From TT Lego Games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I'm planning on getting LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga on steam, so I can rip some environment and maybe some character models from it (if possible)

I am just curious if anyone else has tried to rip from this or any of the other TT Lego Games? And is it even possible? As I might end up getting either this or The Lego Movie - The Videogame, because I want mostly to rip the buildings and such...

Also, if this is possible, what tools would I use for this task? would I just use 3D Ripper or NinjaRipper for this? or are there tools out there for extracting files from the games filesystem itself?

Thank you all in advance...
(12-06-2015, 10:24 PM)John_B Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all, I'm planning on getting LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga on steam, so I can rip some environment and maybe some character models from it (if possible)

I am just curious if anyone else has tried to rip from this or any of the other TT Lego Games? And is it even possible? As I might end up getting either this or The Lego Movie - The Videogame, because I want mostly to rip the buildings and such...

Also, if this is possible, what tools would I use for this task? would I just use 3D Ripper or NinjaRipper for this? or are there tools out there for extracting files from the games filesystem itself?

Thank you all in advance...

I tried to rip the models from LEGO Lord of the Rings some time back. I for the life of me couldn't figure out how to extract the archive files. Hopefully you have better luck than I did. If you do figure it out, I'd still love to rip the models from LotR, so hope you will share your way!
BIONICLE Heroes has some models on the Models Resource, but that's from 2006 (a year older than the game you're talking about), so it might use a different format.

They were uploaded by maver1k_XVII.
Not models, but I am working on ripping from the LEGO Battles 1&2 for NDS.

There are however some rather crappy models in the first game, IDK about the second.
You're welcome to try ripping those models if you wish.

I'm glad to see people finally focusing on these games.
I was starting to wonder if LEGO games were every going to be given any attention.

Good luck with your rips!
Are you only going to hit the TT games?
Thank you all for your replies!
since I cant figure out how to quote multiple people, I'll try to answer them like this:

Ecelon: I do plan to share how to rip them if I find a way of doing it...

TeridaxXD001: I thought I read somewhere that the main LEGO games use a different format that BIONICLE Heroes used, but I can't confirm it for sure, as I might be wrong...

DarkGrievous7145: I planned to rip only from TT LEGO Games, though I might try those at some point, they may have intersting textures...

Thank you all, I am planning to get the game soon-ish hopefully, so then I will be able to test around!
just click the quote button on all the posts you wish to quote, and then the "quote these posts now" hotlink

Lego Battles:
they primarily use sprites, which i'm ripping.
the first one uses models for a few things, but they're kinda half-baked, imo.
No idea about the second one. There's actually a major lack of information on it, which includes screenshots and gameplay footage.
TT was involved in developing LEGO Battles, but to what extent I'm not entirely sure
(12-07-2015, 05:29 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]BIONICLE Heroes has some models on the Models Resource, but that's from 2006 (a year older than the game you're talking about), so it might use a different format.

hmm, I can't seem to find anything about his method of ripping from those games, as I just thought it might be worth a shot to try his method on LEGO Star Wars...

(12-08-2015, 02:26 AM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: [ -> ]just click the quote button on all the posts you wish to quote, and then the "quote these posts now" hotlink

Lego Battles:
No idea about the second one. There's actually a major lack of information on it, which includes screenshots and gameplay footage.
TT was involved in developing LEGO Battles, but to what extent I'm not entirely sure

Thanks! And yeah, I may not actually rip from LEGO Battles, as I've tried ripping from NDS games before and I got majorly lost in the process...

But I'm curious if the recent LEGO worlds uses the same formats as previous TT LEGO Games, as I do happen to have a copy of that in my Steam library at the moment, I guess all I have to do now is search for some more info on what tools are available for this task, I hope there's a better method than using 3D Ripper or other similar software, as I've not had much success with screen ripping tools.
(12-08-2015, 02:51 AM)John_B Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2015, 05:29 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]BIONICLE Heroes has some models on the Models Resource, but that's from 2006 (a year older than the game you're talking about), so it might use a different format.

hmm, I can't seem to find anything about his method of ripping from those games, as I just thought it might be worth a shot to try his method on LEGO Star Wars...

(12-08-2015, 02:26 AM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: [ -> ]just click the quote button on all the posts you wish to quote, and then the "quote these posts now" hotlink

Lego Battles:

Thanks! And yeah, I may not actually rip from LEGO Battles, as I've tried ripping from NDS games before and I got majorly lost in the process...

But I'm curious if the recent LEGO worlds uses the same formats as previous TT LEGO Games, as I do happen to have a copy of that in my Steam library at the moment, I guess all I have to do now is search for some more info on what tools are available for this task, I hope there's a better method than using 3D Ripper or other similar software, as I've not had much success with screen ripping tools.

np!
yeah, and you're not missing anything, at least from the first game.
IDK about the second, it has many improvements to sprites, alone, but again, IDK if models also are featured.

i have no idea. Sorry
I only have played it once, on my best friend's computer. My own could never run it.
Me either, I've been trying to find a way to get .lxf models (or rather the 3d geometry from one) into a format I can render it from an isometric camera, as well as easily add my own textures or colors. (Crystalien Conflict sprites are isometric renders, and seeing as I'm involved in modding that...I want to find a way to make custom sprites) I have been able to get a "3d screenshot" , but I'm stuck on another unusable format. And I don't feel like paying to convert that to .dae or .obj for use in Blender. I've also tried using screen-rippers to get textures from Conker's Bad Fur day, and models + textures from Starfox Adventures (made a few attempts at school one time). If I had succeeded, they'd be out there, somewhere... All that said, I feel your pain.
Alright, hey. I specialize a bit in LEGO, mainly the classic games though (just not the few I've never owned) - I mod them, so ask me about ripping anything from the PC version of any of those. Tongue
So let me just dump my knowledge on this forum for help with ripping TT stuff.

Archive extraction:
Tool: QuickBMS
Script to run: http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/ttgames.bms
THIS MIGHT NO LONGER WORK ON LEGO WORLDS (only on some of the earlier builds).
If not, I have a short story why.

Model converting:
Tool: Neosis
Script to Run: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/6...ghg-files/ (for Star Wars at least... might work for other games?)
There is also this tool in the same topic I never tried out.

If all else fails, Ninja Ripper still works well for ripping stuff from TTGames' LEGO games.
(12-07-2015, 04:11 AM)Ecelon Wrote: [ -> ]I'd still love to rip the models from LotR, so hope you will share your way!

There is an archive extractor that can open the archives of most lego games created by TT Games, and individual scripts to extract textures and models available at www.rockraidersunited.com . I canĀ“t find links to the posts at the moment.

(04-27-2016, 02:26 AM)Segatendo Wrote: [ -> ]for Star Wars at least... might work for other games?
/.../
If all else fails, Ninja Ripper still works well for ripping stuff from TTGames' LEGO games.

The code varies for some of the game, and therefore the programs are only compatible with some games, mostly the early TT Games, not all unfortunately.

I tried to rip models from "Lego Indiana Jones" using Ninja Ripper and 3D Ripper DX, and the result of the models were not as authentic as I would have hoped. I would personally recommend extracting the archive.
So, say I want to extract the 3D models from the new Lego the Incredibles. is there a script for Noesis for Lego games that new? I'm desperately trying to get Mr. Incredible's torso, arms, and hands. as I find them fascinating and wish they were real parts.
Alright, if you are talking about using a program like Ninja Ripper, don't use it. It makes things suck.

Actually, use QuickBMS and use the Traveller's Tales .dat script at https://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

So first, load up QuickBMS. Then, load up the .bms file. Next, go to the .dat file of the game. You can choose any .dat file. Now, choose the folder to save the files in.

There. Now, you should have the files, which I believe the models are .pak. Try the C4 Engine script. Otherwise, I don't know about that C4 script.