The VG Resource

Full Version: Which tool is better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to rip some old games for my site that don't have tools made specifically for ripping them. So I was thinking about using one of those programs that takes images rapidly of a game. From this link http://spritedatabase.net/download which is better to use AnimGet or ScreenGet? Sorry for a lack of details I'm in a hurry.
I've never used ScreenGet, but AnimGet works pretty well. The palettes are slightly off though, if I remember correctly (it has been a while).

If possible, pausing your emulator and frame stepping is also a good tactic. A bit more hassle but the palettes will be correct and you can skip duplicate frames for the sprite you're ripping.
(12-06-2015, 09:55 AM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]I've never used ScreenGet, but AnimGet works pretty well. The palettes are slightly off though, if I remember correctly (it has been a while).

If possible, pausing your emulator and frame stepping is also a good tactic. A bit more hassle but the palettes will be correct and you can skip duplicate frames for the sprite you're ripping.

Thanks!