The VG Resource

Full Version: Banjo-Kazooie Rated E?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Part 1)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPnK2Bl0...re=related
Part 2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enbYgl_Yc...re=related
videos by ThumbUpMaster

Obviously I dont think that Banjo-Kazooie is rated E after all even though the game was oringinaly going out for kids-adults but parents must be carefull of wat Rare typed as sentences as in other words
meaning that some names that are laking over to nonsense things. I just quite to find out that these two vids explain it all. Espacially if the children were reading those sentences or names. Wat do yall think that Rare should of done first of all before realeasing the game back then. Or is it those fanboys just trying to make the game look bad with all the complains and argues.
Uh... what's wrong with Banjo Kazzoie getting rated "E"?
(11-01-2008, 01:13 AM)kyrtuck Wrote: [ -> ]Uh... what's wrong with Banjo Kazzoie getting rated "E"?

I dont mind being rated e is just that Banjo's fans dont think it is due to fact most fans argue bout the things that they had read which to some call as inappropiate sentences or sightings in the game for children.
oh god it hurts my brain so much trying to understand what you're saying
Is he perhaps refering to the various subtle thingsthat have been in earlier games? Such as "this line suggests this character is gay". Or "If you look at this thing the right way, it looks like a penis".
(11-01-2008, 04:12 AM)Confessor Wrote: [ -> ]oh god it hurts my brain so much trying to understand what you're saying

I hear ya.

I think it depends on the parents to make the call on whats inappropiate. BK has humor in it thats suppost to make it funny and stuffeven to adults. The game came out in 97-98 if people are finding problems with it being rated E then they need something better to do. The game ratings weren't as strict then has they are now.
Crude humor isn't enough to tag a game up to T. They don't say too much, and what they do say only adults will get.
Most of this is absolute bullshit, overexxageration or in the cases it isn't is bluntly obvious and really not that bad.
(11-01-2008, 11:37 AM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: [ -> ]Most of this is absolute bullshit, overexxageration or in the cases it isn't is bluntly obvious and really not that bad.

Agreeing with this and sba's comments.

so far heres what gamers that enjoy Banjo and Kazooie say there opinions like this:
Fanboy: HAY GUYS I FOUND SOMETHING INAPROPRIATE THATS IN A RATED E GAME! LETS MENTION THIS ON YOUTUBE AND SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK!!!!
Other fanboys:HOLY SHIT THIS GUY IS RIGHT! LETS FIND MORE SHIT THATS INAPROPRIATE AND MENTION IT TO THIS GUY SO HE COULD MENTION IT ON A SEQEUL TO THIS!
Us and other decent gamers: Most of this is pointless and isn't much worth of mention.

Have I proved a point yet?
These videos are really old.

(BTW, Banjo Kazooie 1 is going to be released on X-Bawks Are Cade that sounds p. cool)
You know what's most annoying about that? The author made crap up, a lot of times he said some words were "today's slang" when Kazooie said "how's your nuts?" that phrase also means "You're crazy".

3:20 of part 1: "try searching for dingaling at wikipedia"
"try searching for dingaling at wikipedia"
"for dingaling at wikipedia"
"at wikipedia"

But we shouldn't forget...
ThumbsUpMaster Wrote:Anything mentioned in this video are merely jokes for satirical humor
And he made that video just for some attention and veiws anyway.
Ok this topic is stupid, Banjo-Kazooie is also trying to get young audiences into it to since all the old gamers are obviously much older now. It's trying to reach to the audience of the the new generation and the old. The game shouldn't be made just for old gamers, there's nothing wrong with getting a new generation into something, what the hell do you think they've been doing with mario all these years? Games don't grow up with gamers...
Im thinking that ThumbUpMaster is personally trying to confuse others into making one of the most greatest platformers look bad. And I just ignore the sightings and sentences and play the game. Plus, the humor in "Banjo-Kazooie", might have a little run-offs and catch on to adults very quick. (Wonder y ThumbsUpMaster is making a connection with "Conker")
Rare's famous for hiding adult humor in their games.

BANJO: "A giant Ice Key!"

KAZOOIE: "I know where I'd like to stick that!"

Heheh... I love that one.
You can get away with adult humor in kids things if its subtle enough. I remember Toy Story had a few.
no wonder y i laugh at kazooie aka most humourus charater
Pages: 1 2