The VG Resource

Full Version: Sega Pico
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been doing some research, and it turns out that the Sega Pico had several awesome looking games for it. Games based on Pokemon, Sailor Moon, etc. - really cool stuff.
Visually it's all actually pretty decent, too...

Since the hardware of the Pico isn't too far off that of a Mega Drive, I'd appreciate it if people could try and take a look into these games to see if it's possible to rip from them easily? I've begun to look into them myself, but so far not having much luck with examining the data. I'm not sure how much I really want to use the old fashion ripping methods though.

To give you an impression of the artwork:
[Image: pocketmonstersadvance02d9e.png][Image: GDDKt_title.png][Image: mottoojamajodoremijapgxkat.png]
I opened a random Pico game, Sonic the Hedgehog's Gayworld in OpenEmu (uses the Genesis Plus Core) and made a savestate. Looks like an absolute nightmare. Tried a Kega Fusion state too and it's the same thing.
I Can't run it in WINE, but Exodus looks promising. Maybe that could be a step in the right direction?

Picodrive can't do save states either :/
Exodus has a decent enough VRAM viewer:

[Image: KX9oHJ6.png]

You need to piece stuff together, but it does get the palettes for you automatically which cuts out some of the work.

Ripping all of the sprites directly from the ROM is, of course, just as difficult a task as with any game from a console without a filesystem. Not sure how much I can help in that regard.
But yeah, Sega Pico games are pretty much identical to Mega Drive games, so you'd approach them in a similar way.