The VG Resource

Full Version: Apply Textures (Blender) to imported .dae files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

So I have been ripping lots of models from sonic generations and I want to upload them to themodelresource, but since I cannot get the textures to apply themselves to the model properly, I cannot upload them yet.

So far I believe that the textures are being applied as materials instead on textures, and because of that I cannot view them properly.

*Screenshots coming soon, so that you can help me more!*
(11-29-2015, 02:24 PM)Yarcaz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone!

So I have been ripping lots of models from sonic generations and I want to upload them to themodelresource, but since I cannot get the textures to apply themselves to the model properly, I cannot upload them yet.

So far I believe that the textures are being applied as materials instead on textures, and because of that I cannot view them properly.

Do you mind sending me the files and textures? .BLEND files preferred, since you already use Blender.

Also, just remember that if you're converting RTB's files from SFM, you'll get shot down immediately. But I'll assume that you didn't do that, until anything says otherwise..
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-24937.html

Check that thread out. Should send you in the right direction...
(11-29-2015, 02:55 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you mind sending me the files and textures? .BLEND files preferred, since you already use Blender.

Also, just remember that if you're converting RTB's files from SFM, you'll get shot down immediately. But I'll assume that you didn't do that, until anything says otherwise..

Ok here is the file with the model and the textures ( [attachment=5818] )
It is not in a .blend format, but you can open it up in blender.
You can do this by opening up blender normally, selecting the cube, pressing x and deleting the cube, then select file and then choose import, then select Collada (Default) (.dae), now the model should appear in blender. The textures are .dds files, but blender can apply them (I just can't figure out HOW to apply them PROPERLY! Sad )  

So once I figure out how to properly apply the textures for one of the models, it should be no problem to do it for the others, and then I can submit them to themodelresource. YAY! Big Grin

[I hope this has everything that you want.]

(11-29-2015, 03:04 PM)Ecelon Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-24937.html

Nice looking tutorial, but I don't think that it can help me here.
I took some screenshots to help what I am doing.

[attachment=5819]
So I am choosing the stu_chr_hero_chao.dae file to import into blender.
[attachment=5820]
And this is the model.
[attachment=5821]
I am using the sidebar.
[attachment=5822]
I select the first material.
[attachment=5823]
I then go to the textures to select a new texture.
[attachment=5824]
And now that I have the new texture I will make it one from the textures that the model came with.
[attachment=5825]
I go to the textures folder.
[attachment=5826]
And I select the first texture on the list,
[attachment=5827]
for some reason it appears like this in materials mode.
[attachment=5828]
So I instead try the same process but choosing the 3rd material on the list and the 7th texture to see if it shown instead on the bottom.
[attachment=5829]
But nothing happens and it doesn't show up at all, the image in the preview should be on the bottom, and the earlier texture should be on the chao's body.

Soooooo.... help?
(11-29-2015, 04:02 PM)Yarcaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2015, 02:55 PM)nobody231 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok here is the file with the model and the textures (  )
It is not in a .blend format, but you can open it up in blender.
You can do this by opening up blender normally, selecting the cube, pressing x and deleting the cube, then select file and then choose import, then select Collada (Default) (.dae), now the model should appear in blender. The textures are .dds files, but blender can apply them (I just can't figure out HOW to apply them PROPERLY! Sad )  

So once I figure out how to properly apply the textures for one of the models, it should be no problem to do it for the others, and then I can submit them to themodelresource. YAY! Big Grin

[I hope this has everything that you want.]

(11-29-2015, 03:04 PM)Ecelon Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-24937.html

Nice looking tutorial, but I don't think that it can help me here.
I took some screenshots to help what I am doing.

So I am choosing the stu_chr_hero_chao.dae file to import into blender.

And this is the model.

I am using the sidebar.

I select the first material.

I then go to the textures to select a new texture.

And now that I have the new texture I will make it one from the textures that the model came with.

I go to the textures folder.

And I select the first texture on the list,

for some reason it appears like this in materials mode.

So I instead try the same process but choosing the 3rd material on the list and the 7th texture to see if it shown instead on the bottom.

But nothing happens and it doesn't show up at all, the image in the preview should be on the bottom, and the earlier texture should be on the chao's body.

Soooooo.... help?

Shit dude, sorry for misunderstanding. I'm having the same problem with T.K Baha from Borderlands: Legends. His head is textured, but not the rest for some reason!