The VG Resource

Full Version: Lucas's Sprite Dump(new PxL Art!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lucas Olivarde, that is my name. I attempt to make many different styles of sprites. Idk, I'm not very good or anything... Decide for yourself, this is Lucas's Sprite Dump!
Sorry, I had to put it in an attachment.
UPDATE: [Image: Golemschyeah2.png]
Came here because Lucas
Mostly everything is pillowed, and the colors are plain-but the linearts are good.

I love the style at the bottom left, also.
Not bad. Some of this stuff is pretty well done. :>

the only thing you really need to work on is shading according to light sources. lots of pillowed stuff here, but nothing too serious.
Thank you, and I know... Just recently I've been coming out of pillow shading...
[Image: Golemschyeah.png]/[Image: Evernights.png]
Are these slightly better?
Or these?
Yes, they're better. You're certainly improving.
Those are actually really good! Especially that Snorunt one, that was spectacular! Keep it up!
Thank, that's always good to hear.
Any criticism about those?
(Especially the Mario ones.)
(10-30-2008, 10:17 PM)Lucas Olivarde Wrote: [ -> ]Thank, that's always good to hear.
Any criticism about those?
(Especially the Mario ones.)

Well, the Mario ones (at least the ones I looked at) were a little funny-looking, but at the very least they're better than anything I could ever do. I have a thread somewhere as well, just look up newest topics and you'll see it (it's called Asch the Bloody Sprite Edits), but those are only edits. I still think they're pretty good, though, and I'd love to hear your opinion of them Smile

Actually, I'll just attach them here (that's the full sheet I was using, though, so there's going to be a lot of stuff all over the place.).
Yeah, thank you for your opinion, could you go into detail on how they're funny looking, just for details.
And I don't mean this to be mean or offensive, but please don't advertise your sprites in my thread. It's just not very polite.. =\
(10-30-2008, 10:33 PM)Lucas Olivarde Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, thank you for your opinion, could you go into detail on how they're funny looking, just for details.
And I don't mean this to be mean or offensive, but please don't advertise your sprites in my thread. It's just not very polite.. =\

Oops, sorry I wasn't advertising, I just wanted you to see mine as well. Sorry if you got that idea... I'll take that off if you want.

Anyway, how they look funny... Well, I think it's just that they're not what I'm used to, mainly, so when I look at them for the first time they look a little bizarre because I don't know what kind of game they would fit into (I mostly just play one kind of genre of game, so...), and not to sound too specific or anything, but Mario does have white gloves, not black.

Hope that's what you were hoping for (per say).
Ohh, that Mario, well he's a bit abstract, but no worries. I did check it out, you just need to shade more on yours, that's the key.
But I know, and the Luigi was just a line-art.
(10-30-2008, 10:42 PM)Lucas Olivarde Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh, that Mario, well he's a bit abstract, but no worries. I did check it out, you just need to shade more on yours, that's the key.
But I know, and the Luigi was just a line-art.

Really? Thanks! I'll add that in when I can (if I can), but other than that, you like it? Awesome!

Ooohhh, so that's what Mario was supposed to be... In that case, nice. Luigi was pretty good, too, but again, I don't imagine them being in a game (at least one that I'm used to), but that's the idea, right? Okay, got it!

You're really good at this. Seriously, try to become a top spriter or something so that you can submit those! Those are great!
I'm not nearly as good as most of the spriters on this website, just explore a little bit, you'll come to learn that each spriter has his own unique style, and some are extremely good, some are extremely bad. It's pretty interesting.
(10-30-2008, 10:52 PM)Lucas Olivarde Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not nearly as good as most of the spriters on this website, just explore a little bit, you'll come to learn that each spriter has his own unique style, and some are extremely good, some are extremely bad. It's pretty interesting.

But you make some really awesome stuff, better than a some stuff I see that gets put on the site (not specifying who because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings), so you really got a knack at this!
Thank you, haha, seriously.
You are one of the much more courteous new members of tSR.
Pages: 1 2