The VG Resource

Full Version: 3D Ripper DX with old games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to use 3D Ripper DX on a game that's incompatible with newer versions of Windows. I'm using Windows 7, and I'd like to try it on games designed for Windows 95, 98, XP, etc. Is it possible to run it using Virtual PC?
(11-21-2015, 08:07 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to use 3D Ripper DX on a game that's incompatible with newer versions of Windows. I'm using Windows 7, and I'd like to try it on games designed for Windows 95, 98, XP, etc. Is it possible to run it using Virtual PC?

I don't know, because I never used it.

Sorry for the inconvience Genki ^_^'
Highly doubtful mate. Screenshot Rippers rip models based on games running a version of Direct X. Back than, those games were mainly based around opengl. I did read that there was an opengl ripper awhile ago. I'd love to get me some models from the older games myself.
I was actually thinking of games that use DirectX. Not, like super old games, but late 1990s, early 2000s.
My antivirus prgramm blok the site.
(11-28-2015, 05:10 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]I was actually thinking of games that use DirectX. Not, like super old games, but late 1990s, early 2000s.

Oh, my bad for misunderstanding. The models should rip, in T-Pose, but they'd be DirectX 8, so there wouldn't be any UV Maps. That's what always happened when I ripped DX8!

That sucks Sutinoer... Freakin Antivirus!