The VG Resource

Full Version: Asch the Bloody Sprite Edits (Tales of the Abyss)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Asch_Undone.jpg]

EDIT2: When you comment, do try to say if you like these or not, because I'm using these in a game I'm making, and, well, I don't want to look like a bad artist...

EDIT: Okay, so upon looking at that, I found out that it somehow got into JPEG format (which would explain a LOT in the past now), so I'm including a file that SHOULD work and SHOULD show you what it really should look like. Oh yeah, and OtherWhiteMeat got the answer right: It's based off of Kratos Aurion!

First of all, I would like to say that I started making these simply because no one else did, which I do find kind of odd.

These are some Asch the Bloody from Tales of the Abyss sprite edits I've been working on for a while (to make them look like they're from Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3) so I can send them to the Spriter's Resource (you know, the site you're on right now Tongue ). Basically, I just want to know if you guys think these are good and that I should continue with making these, since if no one likes them I don't really want to bother finishing these. I included that picture of the actual him on the right for comparison. Oh yeah, and before you say something like "That's not a 'dead' sprite! He still looks alive!", make sure you played the game FIRST, because unless an enemy knocks him over that's what he looks like when dead, okay? Just wanted to clear up any confusion before it started.

Seeing how these are edits, betcha can't guess which sprite was used to make these Wink Probably could, though.
Well since it's JPEG, no one can really tell anything. It's all blurred. But looks like Kratos to me.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, never ever save as JPEG. Use PNG.
(10-30-2008, 09:09 PM)OtherWhiteMeat Wrote: [ -> ]Well since it's JPEG, no one can really tell anything. It's all blurred. But looks like Kratos to me.

Really? That's odd... I saved it in BMP and moved it to Photobucket...weird...

Try putting it on Paint or something, maybe that'll help.

Upon further inspection: Oh, GOD!!! What the heck happened to them?! You CAN get a general idea, though, right?

Okay, there's a different file, hope that doesn't mess up anything...

EDIT 'Lost track of number': Yeah, that attachment should work, go ahead and look at that.
i think it gets jpegified when you host bmp's on photobucket.

try saving as png. heck, always save as png. can't go wrong with png (:

EDIT: nvm, late :/
(10-30-2008, 09:38 PM)-Dark- Wrote: [ -> ]i think it gets jpegified when you host bmp's on photobucket.

try saving as png. heck, always save as png. can't go wrong with png (:

EDIT: nvm, late :/

Yeah, it took until recently to figure out that that's what the problem is. For the longest of time I kept wondering why my pictures kept getting all fuzzy. Now I know.

...Okay, I just now realized that I could save in .PNG.GIF is good, too, but since I don't need to save in that format, I won't anymore.

Anyway, thanks Smile
...Really looks way too much like Luke. The hair is just too wild. Also a lot of those sprites aren't fluid.
(10-31-2008, 06:05 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]...Really looks way too much like Luke.

Actually, that'd be more ore less of a good thing.

But Asch's hair is neat and tidy. While yours looks to much like Kratos'

In all honesty, he's just a really bad edit of Kratos.
(10-31-2008, 06:05 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]...Really looks way too much like Luke
have you played TOTA at all
(10-31-2008, 02:15 PM)NOT1up Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2008, 06:05 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]...Really looks way too much like Luke

Hence TOO MUCH.

Asch's hair is much more neat than that. And he has a more serious expression on his face.

That just looks like Luke if he was dressed up (poorly, I might add) as Asch.
(10-31-2008, 02:55 PM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2008, 02:15 PM)NOT1up Wrote: [ -> ]

Hence TOO MUCH.

Asch's hair is much more neat than that. And he has a more serious expression on his face.

That just looks like Luke if he was dressed up (poorly, I might add) as Asch.

Okay, I can fix that, this is why I put this up.

Don't you think you being a LITTLE mean about this, though? "That just looks like Luke if he was dressed up (poorly, I might add) as Asch"? POORLY? LUKE? That kind of hurts, man...

EDIT: Well, if you notice in the scene of the game where you first see Asch's face, his hair is all messy (because of the rain, but still messy nonetheless), so it's not always neat, you know?