The VG Resource

Full Version: Starting Out on Mobile Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I'm interested in jumping around to different ripping methods for different consoles and I was wondering, can anyone point me in the direction of ripping mobile games? I can't find ISO's and I'd like to know how too. Also, does anyone know of a tutorial. That would be great... Thanks!
~Anex
Okay so I got an IPA of a game called Crush The Castle. I tried to run the .pngs into paint (Windows) and it gave me an error that it wasn't a recognizable bitmap file. Is this because the IPA is corrupted? Or is it because the images are compressed? If they're compressed, how would I decompress them? Is there a tool or way to do so? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
iOS "PNG" files are not actually valid PNG files, after they've been modified by the iOS compiler they won't be recognized by other image decoders. I think there are applications you can find online that can reverse this process, or if you have a Mac with the iOS SDK their version of pngcrush can do this out of the box.
With that said... I've made my first mobile sheet ever!!!!!! I just used iFunbox xD (good thing I still have an iPhone 4...)
[attachment=5695]