The VG Resource

Full Version: File types
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What file types are accepted?
OBJ and DAE for model formats
PNG for image formats
(10-15-2015, 08:30 PM)ThatTrueStruggle Wrote: [ -> ]OBJ and DAE for model formats
PNG for image formats
And FBX and SMD for models, too, but those are optional.
(10-15-2015, 08:39 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2015, 08:30 PM)ThatTrueStruggle Wrote: [ -> ]OBJ and DAE for model formats
PNG for image formats

Along with that you also have to provide an image and an icon showing the model correct.
If so what file type/size does that have to be?
(I also ask because I have models to submit but because I can't apply the textures properly, but others can easily, I cannot upload my models yet. Sad )
(11-30-2015, 09:36 AM)Yarcaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2015, 08:39 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
PNG for image formats

Along with that you also have to provide an image and an icon showing the model correct.
(I also ask because I have models to submit but because I can't apply the textures properly, but others can easily, I cannot upload my models yet. Sad )

Not necessarily; you don't need to provide a preview image. However if you do provide one, it has to be 750x650 for the large icon, 148x125 for the small icon.
(11-30-2015, 11:02 AM)ThatTrueStruggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2015, 09:36 AM)Yarcaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2015, 08:39 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]And FBX and SMD for models, too, but those are optional.

Not necessarily; you don't need to provide a preview image. However if you do provide one, it has to be 750x650 for the large icon, 148x125 for the small icon.

Cool! That is amazing to know! Which means that I can upload my models (the models that I ripped)!
I guess I will provide basic no-color images of the models when I upload them, and then I can update the icons/images at a later date when I lean how to apply the textures for "viewing satisfaction". (SO HAPPY!)

Also I noticed that some models are broken up into pieces, so the pieces that go together, I will submit as one model/file, which I have seen other places, which I am assuming is OK?

Ohh, darn I just realized that the textures are in .dds file formats, which means that I have to convert them to .png file formats I'm assuming since it said above that .png format was acceptable for textures for the models that go with them.

Lastly you said that the models had to be in .dae format, which all of the models I have ripped so far have been converted to, but do that also have to be .obj files? I ask because you said above that they have to be ".dae and .obj for models" instead of ".dae or .obj for models".

[Sorry for so many questions, I am very noob-ish and don't want to mess up my first upload(s) {I have ripped a lot of files/models}, and I don't want a bad reputation. So, I am sorry if I am a annoying at the moment]
2. I'm assuming it's ok, I've never submitted a model with it being split up. It should be ok though
3. Yeah you've got to have png textures.
4. You just need either have at least one .DAE/.OBJ model in your submission.
(11-30-2015, 12:09 PM)ThatTrueStruggle Wrote: [ -> ]2. I'm assuming it's ok, I've never submitted a model with it being split up. It should be ok though

OK thank you once more! Smile
You really help out!
(Now I need to convert the .dds files one by one or find a way to select multiple .dds files and convert them to .png files all at once, whether it be a program, or a website)
(11-30-2015, 12:13 PM)Yarcaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2015, 12:09 PM)ThatTrueStruggle Wrote: [ -> ]2. I'm assuming it's ok, I've never submitted a model with it being split up. It should be ok though

You really help out!
(Now I need to convert the .dds files one by one or find a way to select multiple .dds files and convert them to .png files all at once, whether it be a program, or a website)

I personally use XnView, but you can also you Noesis' batch converter.
(11-30-2015, 03:16 PM)ThatTrueStruggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2015, 12:13 PM)Yarcaz Wrote: [ -> ]

You really help out!

I personally use XnView, but you can also you Noesis' batch converter.
I will check those out thanks! Miles also just showed me ddsconverter, so now I have 3 options to choose from! Smile