The VG Resource

Full Version: SMK Diddy Kong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been YEARS since I tried to submit anything to this place...
[Image: diddy_kong_smk_icon229.png]
...and it's probably been over a year since I first started working on this. I hope the time spent was worth it.

I've tried to get these pretty close to the original Super Mario Kart sprites. You could even hack these into the original game if you so desired.
Not bad at all!
This is really good! This is probally the best MK style sprite I have ever seen.
You're missing the jumping victory pose (seen during SMK's credits) and Diddy is too static during his victory dance.
(10-28-2008, 10:09 AM)Ngamer01 Wrote: [ -> ]You're missing the jumping victory pose (seen during SMK's credits) and Diddy is too static during his victory dance.

Don't be so critic! This is a very good sheet, even better than NICKtendo's SMK Diddy on MFGG!
Great sprite sheet!!! I can't quite figure it out but I think the nintendo logo on his hat is a little high, it could be just the way it looks tho.

Are you planning on doing the other characters and airplane and hovercraft?
(10-28-2008, 10:27 AM)Arend Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2008, 10:09 AM)Ngamer01 Wrote: [ -> ]You're missing the jumping victory pose (seen during SMK's credits) and Diddy is too static during his victory dance.

Don't be so critic! This is a very good sheet, even better than NICKtendo's SMK Diddy on MFGG!

That is our task (sorta), to give some crit, if we don't, people won't improve.
Yeah it's what we do around here.

However if he were to say "You suck, improve now!" that's a different story.
Very good. I agree that a jumping animation, while not necessary, would be a great addition. Awesome job.
Quote:Don't be so critic! This is a very good sheet, even better than NICKtendo's SMK Diddy on MFGG!

Honest criticism is far better than blind praise.

Yeah, I know I was a bit lazy with it. The only rip I've seen of the victory poses seemed to make the pre-existing ones look pretty choppy themselves, so I guess I assumed it wasn't too big a stretch.

And yeah, I may've forgotten about the credits pose, though looking at some of the others I could probably go the lazy route and say to reuse one of his victory dance frames with the bottle edited out.
his hat looks a bit weird when turning, but its a really good sprite ^^
Oh, that actually looks good. No real problems, great job.
Aside from the tip of the hat being a tad long, I can't see any flaws.