The VG Resource

Full Version: Mega Man X 7/8 files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, the final stretch, I figured we'd want to just get these done soon enough. If someone is able to figure this out we will be able to rip from all 3D Mega Man X games effectively.

For Mega Man X 7, we have some hard-to-decipher files that I'm not sure of the nature of. I assume they contain both textures and models, so I'm including a few of them. They are of the extension '.emi'.

Mega Man X 7 Files

For Mega Man X 8, we have a huge 'data.bin' file that has everything stuffed into it.

Mega Man X 8 File
That DATA.BIN has a lot of sounds that can be played with PSound Smile
Edit: You can use MungeExplorer in order to view and extract everything from the DATA.BIN file Smile
Code:
# Megaman X 7 .emi
# script for QuickBMS http://quickbms.aluigi.org

get ENTRYCOUNT long
get BLOCKSIZE long
idstring "MATH_TBL"
math OFFSET = BLOCKSIZE
get FILENAME BASENAME
for i = 0 < ENTRYCOUNT
    get SIZE long
    get BLOCKCOUNT short
    get UNK2 short
    get UNK3 short
    get UNK4 short
    padding 16
    savepos NEXTENTRY

string NAME = FILENAME
    string NAME += "_"
    string NAME += i
    string NAME += "."
    string NAME += UNK4

log NAME OFFSET SIZE

goto OFFSET
    goto SIZE 0 SEEK_CUR
    padding BLOCKSIZE
    savepos OFFSET

goto NEXTENTRY
next i
And X8? Any luck on the models from there?
Here are what I believe to be the relative model files for each game...

Mega Man X 7

Mega Man X 8
Bit of an update here, I managed to get my hands on the PC version of Mega Man X8. Turns out the file system is a lot simpler than the PS2 version, and a texture extractor already exists for it's files. However the model efforts seem to have died, but they got very close. Here's a few of the model files from it, and let's hope we can get them figured out. Judging from the textures, Sigma is somewhere in these files.

Dropbox Link