The VG Resource

Full Version: 25x25 Mario Head. Need C+C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: mamario.png]

Okay so, just got bored and was messing around with an old project I started long ago where I was making Nintendo character mugshots. But they were 50x50. I tried that but I'm not good enough for it, so I shrunk it down to 25x25. This is what I got.

Now before I continue on with this project thing, I need some critique. The colors and basic style, you could say, are based on the style used in Scrambled and Friendly Fire. Overall, I don't have a problem with the line art, cept maybe the stache, but I do have a problem with the eyes, I need big help there. And any other crits you can give are appreciated.

So yeah, let me have it. But be gentle.
The eyes could use some work, and something seems off about the mouth, but otherwise it's pretty good looking. Smile
Any advice on how to fix said problems? I know something's wrong, I just dunno how to fix it Sick

Thanks though Big Grin
For the eyes I would probably suggest having the pupils in the center of his eye rather than off to the side, but I'm not sure about the mouth...
Eyes look a bit screwy as Arthur said, and he told you how to fix them. But I think you could take the bottom left corner pixel off the mouth because it looks too square.
Lol Teeks still sprites like PT 2006

Anyway, this is okay, but the colors seem not vibrant enough and there's lots of banding.
(10-27-2008, 01:30 AM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: [ -> ]Lol Teeks still sprites like PT 2006

Anyway, this is okay, but the colors seem not vibrant enough and there's lots of banding.

Is that bad?

It's very apparent that I'm still stuck in the past as I have no idea what banding is.
Not really, it's pretty nostalgic to see. (Yes, I was around back then, I lurked as GFLK)

Banding is basically like pillowing, but the lightsource isn't from the middle. It's kind of tracing the outline/another shade for shading.
[Image: mamario.png]

Messed with the eyes and mouth a little. Didn't mess with anything else. If anyone has any further advice, I'm open.