The VG Resource

Full Version: Is it possible to rip from Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to rip the beam models from the Metroid Prime games. How do I do this? I tried using 3D Ripper DX with an old 32-bit version of Dolphin, but it didn't work. Thank you.
(09-05-2015, 04:16 PM)Julum Wrote: [ -> ]I want to rip the beam models from the Metroid Prime games. How do I do this? I tried using 3D Ripper DX with an old 32-bit version of Dolphin, but it didn't work. Thank you.

Is your backend direct9, direct11, or open gl?
If you have no idea what im talking about go to
Graphics > General
(09-05-2015, 04:39 PM)bigheadfrankie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2015, 04:16 PM)Julum Wrote: [ -> ]I want to rip the beam models from the Metroid Prime games. How do I do this? I tried using 3D Ripper DX with an old 32-bit version of Dolphin, but it didn't work. Thank you.

Graphics > General

Direct9 and 11 aren't options. There's Direct3D and OpenGL.
(09-05-2015, 04:54 PM)Julum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2015, 04:39 PM)bigheadfrankie Wrote: [ -> ]

Graphics > General

Sorry man but, if you dont have those options than you cant rip models. Do you have direct9 or 11 installed?
(09-05-2015, 05:34 PM)bigheadfrankie Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry man but, if you dont have those options than you cant rip models. Do you have direct9 or 11 installed?

Yes.
(09-05-2015, 05:34 PM)bigheadfrankie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2015, 04:54 PM)Julum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2015, 04:39 PM)bigheadfrankie Wrote: [ -> ]Is your backend direct9, direct11, or open gl?
Graphics > General

Sorry man but, if you dont have those options than you cant rip models. Do you have direct9 or 11 installed?
Sorry what? Mines the same as Julum and I use Direct3D... which has support for Direct9 and 11, and im able to use Ninja Ripper with it.
(09-05-2015, 08:33 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry what? Mines the same as Julum and I use Direct3D... which has support for Direct9 and 11, and im able to use Ninja Ripper with it.

Hmmm, I tried Ninja Ripper and it didn't work. The game froze up and stopped responding when I pressed the rip button.
yeah, thats what all rippers do, they make the game freeze, and then when its fully ripped, the game will go back to normal.
I wish i was able to do model ripping. But i can't use that ripping software, because i have a mac, and most of those software are PC only. So I know them feelz.
(09-05-2015, 05:34 PM)bigheadfrankie Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2015, 04:54 PM)Julum Wrote: [ -> ]Direct9 and 11 aren't options. There's Direct3D and OpenGL.

He has a newer Dolphin version, which drops Direct3D9 support. Direct3D11 has been renamed to just Direct3D there.
Depending on the ripper he uses, he may need to run an older version of Dolphin still supporting D3D9, if the ripper doesn't support D3D11.
Even rippers that support DX11 don't do so well with Dolphin. I would suggest you try ripping from this version using the DX9 backend.
Hi can i ask you, dolphin rips models which i can see in ripping time, or can rip all models in whole map?

Hi can i ask you, dolphin rips models which i can see in ripping time, or can rip all models in whole map?
(09-16-2015, 03:39 AM)mkbewe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi can i ask you, dolphin rips models which i can see in ripping time, or can rip all models in whole map?

It only rips what's currently rendered onscreen.
Ok how can i rip? What have i turn on? Does it rip the same like 3D Ripper? I have problem because every scene is rotated and move (problems with connecting 2 scenes).
Pages: 1 2