The VG Resource

Full Version: Squirrel Programming Language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you're like me, you've probably searched around for tutorials on Squirrel, only to find the same embedding guide over and over, or nothing at all. And if you're not like me, then you're probably wondering what kind of language gets called "Squirrel" anyway.

Well, either way, I started writing a course to learn Squirrel. I've currently got three sections completed as well as a basic VM for testing Squirrel code in. If anyone wants to check it out, head over to http://kelvinshadewing.net/resCode.php and see what you think. I'd love to get some feedback on this, so any input would be appreciated.

Also, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but the old section for posting guides doesn't seem to be around anymore.
and if you're like me, you've never heard of this language!

xD

well, i'm glad you want to try and create a more complete guide so as to help others...
I can relate to having had problems due to lacjk of tutorials/documentation
Heheh, yeah, it's a pretty young language, so I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it. It's already got a pretty good resume, though; Valve and Rockstar have used it in several games already.

Also, chapter 5 is up! New URL due to site recoding is www.kelvinshadewing.net/?id=resCode
ok
and hmm...interesting

maybe i'll play with this later
This seems like a mix of Python, C#, and Java. I like that, it looks simple enough for people to get into, but complex enough to do some great stuff with it! This is great!
Squirrel was also used in the PS2 and Wii versions of Sonic Unleashed ;P.