The VG Resource

Full Version: Viewtiful Joe Models?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've noticed that there aren't that many Viewtiful Joe models on TMR. And they're not that good. I want to rip Viewtiful Joe models but I have no idea where any of the models are and most of the stuff in the game is either in a .dusgc or .evtgc. Any leads for this?
Typically with these file names 'evt' refers to 'event'. You're not the only one who has tried this...I really wish we had better rips from the series up. Pre-posed models are pretty much useless to me, and that's all we have for the series here. Anyway, I'd help if I knew anything about file extraction and such. I hope someone more versed in these things will lend a hand.
(09-04-2015, 10:43 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]Typically with these file names 'evt' refers to 'event'. You're not the only one who has tried this...I really wish we had better rips from the series up. Pre-posed models are pretty much useless to me, and that's all we have for the series here. Anyway, I'd help if I knew anything about file extraction and such. I hope someone more versed in these things will lend a hand.

I think the best way to get started is by sharing the files themselves. So I made a download for some assorted .dusgc and a .evtgc. And I can full on agree with you about the models that are already up.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehgqp24ctjsiev...s.zip?dl=0
Slight bump. I'm working on compiling all of the .DUSGC files into one big folder. If you want to check it out yourself, PM me.

EDIT: Finished!
"runlength comp" this was in pl00.dusgc
Likely indicates that the files are RLE'd, so you can't get the raw data without decompressing them. Or dumping it from memory, maybe.
(09-14-2015, 09:35 AM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]"runlength comp" this was in pl00.dusgc
Likely indicates that the files are RLE'd, so you can't get the raw data without decompressing them. Or dumping it from memory, maybe.
Odd. I mean, I'm not the best with file formats so i probably don't know what I'm rambling about Embarassed.
Also, if I assume, files under "STxx" are probably for stages inside the game, like all of the textures and models probably. I guess characters or enemy's might be in the .dusgc files in the folder "ect" but I'm not sure.
One more thing.
EDIT: Maybe it would be wiser if you asked me first bc rules n stuff.
All of these files don't have any strings bout "runlength comp" in them.
I'm posting these here because perhaps they might hold the key to decompiling the .dusgc format? Or maybe it's something else you could decomplie yourself easily.