The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping 3DS models without Gateway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My 3DS is already past firmware version 9.2, so I can't use Gateway to generate an xorpad for EncryptedRomFS.bin (as described in this thread). What do I do? Can this be done using Ironhax or Tubehax? Am I just out of luck?
(09-04-2015, 10:20 AM)Leafia_Barrett Wrote: [ -> ]My 3DS is already past firmware version 9.2, so I can't use Gateway to generate an xorpad for EncryptedRomFS.bin (as described in this thread). What do I do? Can this be done using Ironhax or Tubehax? Am I just out of luck?

Yep. Because Tubehax and Ironhax have no kernel access, they don't have the ability to create xorpads. You'll just have to look in the dark internet and hope you get a xorpad and a rom without also getting a virus, or just buy another 3DS.
....Or get lucky and find yourself a CIA of the game you want to rip that has the rom de-encrypted.
Download the cia. Open the cia with a hex editor > search for (ctrl+f) "IVFC".
Then cut out the data located before the IVFC string and tada- you got yourself a 3ds rom.
Don't be fooled though! Not all CIA files have the rom decrypted, but a lot of them do.