The VG Resource

Full Version: Dolphman's sprite library of customs & edits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thought I'd post some I've been meaning to show off for a while. Have being doing sprites privately after MFZ shut down.

Will post more whenever that happens.
I love all this stuff! Great job!

I'll expound for some better comments.
Some of the badniks look a little odd, but the Giant variants are awesome, the Motobug is fantastic, and Croakoid is neat.
I also love objects sheets. The only thing there that looks off is the Goblin enemy. The Tornado extra sprites and Egg Mobile and capsules are really neat and smooth.

As for Jazz, any Jazz is good. We don't see enough of him.
New sprite sheet.
[Image: sonic_the_hedgehog___custom_eggman_robot...9bf75e.png]
Some Eggman/Robotnik bosses. Two converted from Jazz Jackrabbit bosses, along with two ideas I came up with.
Did plenty of heavy editing with these. The first one and the ostrich being done, at 5AM.
That ostrich is great. Isn't it from one of the Game Gear games?
These are really well-done! The cheesy neon colors on the ostrich are a winner and I'm sure some fangame-makers could put these to good use.
Thanks for the compliments guys.
As for the ostrich, Ton. I used the penguin boss from Triple Trouble for the head. That's probably what you were thinking.

New sprite sheet.
[Image: sonic_the_hedgehog___game_gear_badniks_1...9c9lfg.png]
The Badniks from the 8-bit Sonic games now in genesis style! Not 100% satisfied with some of the STH2 badniks, though.
I did make the Chaos and Triple Trouble ages ago on MFZ, but they got lost when Majhost died. Fortunately, I still had copies backed up.
Also left out the rest of Blast's badniks as they were just recycled from previous Sonic games.
The mole guy looks a bit off. The yellow thing on its face is a bit strange.
The Burrobot? Yeah, that's the one I'm the most unsatisfied with. Some suggestions to make it better would be nice.
New sprite sheet.
[Image: sonic_the_hedgehog___echidna_ruins_level...9eq2ej.png]
My own take on the echidna ruins from most Sonic media. The main base graphics came from the PlaySega level maker's zone art.
I don't need to worry about palette limitations, as I made this with the intention to be used in fangames.

Originally, the boss for the level was going to be an echidna lich. But I couldn't find decent wizard sprites that could fit in Sonic's style.
Was also going to have undead echidna warriors: Males with spears, and females with boomerangs. But I felt six enemies was enough.

Oh, and the reason there's a mural of the Aboriginal flag, is because when I draw echidna ruins, I draw Aboriginal art on them.
I mean, they're echidnas, and yet they lack anything related to Australia. The Mayan inspired designs doesn't really suit them, honestly.

Also, I can't help but think of this being used for it's main theme.
NEW
[Image: sonic_advance_trilogy___badniks_genesis_...9jb83g.png]
I have finally finished converting the Sonic Advance Badniks into Genesis/Mega-Drive style. Enjoy!
Oh my gawd, with those skills you could make the Egg Bosses from the comics into bosses. @_@
This is looking really tight so far! Only issue I can see is that some of your larger robots (like the round blue bird and pig) have some pillow shading going on. If possible, you might want to sharpen up their shading like you did for the juggler's ball and the puffer fish.
NEW
[Image: sonic_cd_incomplete_bosses__complete_edi...a34cba.png]
Felt like doing my own takes on finishing the scrapped bosses intended for 2011 remake of Sonic CD. Enjoy!
That's a neat version. Reminds me of the S3&K final boss.
Love to see the Sonic 3 Style being used more. They look great!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8