The VG Resource

Full Version: Yeah, um, TUGS...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Calculating last one starting around May 10, next one should be this upcoming November 10. What do you think? What should we do this (half)year?

We need Frar. Very Sad
Isnt tugs a pixeltendo competition?
We can bring it to tSR, can't we?
Well PT doesn't really have much life anymore, but It would be cool to bring TUGS here. Besides we havent had a competition in a while.
(10-26-2008, 10:57 AM)CoolYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Well PT doesn't really have much life anymore
Yeah, the giant text that says 'Board Offline' is a real hint.
Call it something else.
TT4NAOPATSR

The tournament for noobs and other people at the spriters resource
The Spriter's Competition? I dunno.
Besides, will it be popular enough?
(10-26-2008, 11:46 AM)Unknown Wrote: [ -> ]The Spriter's Competition? I dunno.
Besides, will it be popular enough?
If wee do have a tournament like that, then it will be very popular, because people who's spriting level ranges from beginner-expert will all compete.
It should be called, "The TSR Spriting Competition" Just something simple like that.
Just how the hell is "The TSR Spriting Competition" more straightforward than "The Spriter's Competition"? Did you even think that through...?

Also I'm tepid about this for a couple of reasons.
1) First and foremost, the majority of the regular, really good spriters don't post here anymore. If they do, it's usually trolling. This leaves an imbalanced skill level between members. That, or it'll be a newbie-only contest. Both will generate rabid complaints (likely from different people).
2) No one ever finishes their entries. Every contest has been like that, this one will be no differerent. This isn't Pixeljoit, where the userbase does pixelart so regularly it's like a job (and in some cases it IS a job); and the userbase isn't so large that there's always a supply of stand-in contestants.
Maybe we could develop a system that has rankings, and a tournament tree? And after it's over everyone gets a ranking? Also IMO we should call it TSRSC.
If we do in fact decide on doing this we should make it so only a certain number of judges vote, and we could elect judges?

If this competition actually takes effect, then it probably wouldn't happen until Dazz completes TSR.
Dazz's completion with tSR has nothing to do with this forum.
(10-26-2008, 08:43 PM)pikspiksmaroator Wrote: [ -> ]Dazz's completion with tSR has nothing to do with this forum.
I meant his time management, I don't know weather he will have time to kickoff the competition when hes improving tsr.
what does TUGSPWEITL-CINQ (or whatever) stand for again?
The Universe's Greatest Spriter something something something

I miss TUGS. I can understand why there'll most likely never be another though. Quite a shame s:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7