The VG Resource

Full Version: Final Fantasy 4 models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guide on getting Final Fantasy models:

Requires; Tinke, MKDS Course Modifier, a Hex Editor

Step 1: Unpack the textures and models you want from your ROM
[Image: cHSJrX7.png]

Step 2: Extract the unpacked files
[Image: 1qhUWXP.png]

Step 3: Rename the ntxp.lz to .nsbtx and .nmdp.lz to .nsbmd
[Image: UwrQGaY.png]

Step 4: Open both files in a hex editor and remove everything 30 bytes from the NMDP tag. Then save it.
[Image: IrQRxDY.png]

Step 5: Open up MKDS Course Modifier and go into Tools > Nitro System > NSBMD > NSBMD + NSBTX ->. This'll allow you to get the model with textures.
[Image: DnzrBPA.png]

Step 6: View the model in MKDS's model viewer. From there you can export an OBJ of the model.
[Image: 2Y2fXSj.png]

Currently, it produces semi-broken models, so when I find a better way, this post'll be updated Smile
I'm not sure I recognize this guy, and he's missing things like... Arms. I really hope you get this working, though. I'd love to see models from this.
Anyways tutorial is up, and no more post errors. Hopefully I can find a better way to convert models.
Awesome!
I'd like to bring this back, I've found the newest version of MKDS Course Editor: http://florian.nouwt.com/MKDSCMLast.zip
This one works very well for getting the models Smile
Woo! That's awesome to hear! Can't wait to see what you get!
Ooooh. Are you going to do the whole game? I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it once some of the other stuff I have going is done.