The VG Resource

Full Version: Adult female black widow spider questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
#1: How many deaths that you know of (links are okay to post if the websites are completely safe to visit) are there after Thursday February 12, 1987 due to a single venomous bite by an adult female black widow spider?

#2: Like #1: but more than one venomous bite.

#3: Why exactly is a venomous bite by an adult female black widow spider bite much more serious in the left neck artery than in the arm?
Well hello again its nice to meet you.

Edit- nvm
YES I love ZCE's topics. They're stellar and informative. I sometimes wonder if answering ZCE's questions correctly counts as an act of goodwill and results in a clearer path to the afterlife.

(08-03-2015, 03:02 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]BlueBlur, cut it out. We've already been over this.

?? I'm not really sure what BlueBlur's done wrong.

I'm not really sure how to address #1 or #2, but
(08-03-2015, 02:10 PM)ZeldaClassicEXPERT Wrote: [ -> ]#3: Why exactly is a venomous bite by an adult female black widow spider bite much more serious in the left neck artery than in the arm?

As BlueBlur stated, it takes a much shorter time for the venom to travel through your left neck artery than it would be somewhere in your arm (except maybe the brachial artery [the "pit" opposite your elbow]) because

1) it's a larger, more direct flow of blood throughout your body
2) the neck is a whole heck of a lot to your heart than your arm.

Why does this come up, though ZCE? Were you bitten by a black widow spider the other day? Do you want to talk about it? ):