The VG Resource

Full Version: Calling it quits (sort of)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sorry guys, but I reached a point where I feel like it's time for me to leave. You see, 2015 has been an extremely rough year for me caused by not only a few things in my real life, but also plenty of stress-inducing moments online. Due to the latter, my frustration has been leaking out into the real world, which isn't good because my actual life is actually very good (even though it is modest).

With all that said, I'm not going to completely halt all my interactions here. For the time being, I'll still update my Paper Mario thread and I'll post those submissions to the main site. Instead, I'm going to stop looking at other parts of the forum and only focus on that thread alone. I'll still allow you guys to send me PMs, but if you wish to contact me other ways, just ask about them. As of right now, I'll become more active on my Tumblr account. If there's anything that you guys need for me to draw my attention to on here, would you mind letting me know, so I can throw my two-cents on the situation if needed?

I didn't exactly want it to come down to this, but with my anxieties building up over the course of this year, I needed to cut a source of them. I don't know if I'll ever resume browsing like I used to at a later date, but as far as I know, this is goodbye. Of course, my entire recent experience (starting with late 2013) wasn't all bad. Thanks to starting the foundation of my Paper Mario project and interacting with you awesome people, 2014 became the best year of my life in a very long time. I especially want to thank Neweegee, SmithyGCN, Shade, and Kelvin (among other good users) for still keeping my back and being a wonderful set of online friends. 

For now, see you guys around.  Wink
You do what you gotta do man.
Sorry to hear you're going, but then again you'll still be looming around anyway, so feel free to return whenever you feel, whenever you feel like. Smile
It's sad to hear you go, but it also makes me remember how much you've helped me and other new users here in the past Smile

I hope things will get better for you, especially when you start releasing your Paper Mario shorts!
Sorry to see you go, good luck man!
Bummer... hope you reconsider at some point.

Did we do anything to cause this stress?

Good luck in things too
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate all of you for giving me a good sendoff. I do have plans to return once I build up a bigger and better reputation elsewhere online, so that is at least something to look forward to. Also, like I mentioned before, I'll at least submit my Paper Mario "sprites" and keep you guys updated on animation progress in my other thread. Plus, if there's anything you need to bring to my attention, just ask and I'll share my thoughts.

By the way, Mighty, to answer your question, you guys didn't exactly do anything to cause me so much stress. I plan to go into depth about this in a future Tumblr post, but the primary issue is that I'm always under the constant fear of making a post that gets me brutally attacked/criticized.
its me. im the problem

(08-04-2015, 04:11 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]I plan to go into depth about this in a future Tumblr post, but the primary issue is that I'm always under the constant fear of making a post that gets me brutally attacked/criticized.

That's actually a normal and very human thing to be worried about. That's why I don't post in the Smash Bros. topic.
I don't know how you're gonna be brutally attacked though. This is the Internet. And what's the worst that's gonna happen? Are you going to cry for months into your pillow?
No, if it's deliberately hurtful, moderation will probably pick up on it, and break it up. If it's criticism, no matter how harsh it is, take it into consideration when you next work on your creation in question.

To be fair, you've pretty much worked your way up to being a staple of the community. You kept up with posting in topics and providing your opinions and feedback on other people's stuff, so I'm sure you wouldn't be "attacked" at this point for simply stating your opinion, even if it's not a popular one.

We'll miss you, E-bob :')
(08-04-2015, 06:21 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]its me. im the problem

ban kosheh

anywho, it was nice having you here eman. hope to see you around in the future. :- )