The VG Resource

Full Version: Joe's Pixels(UPDATE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone! For a while now, i have been on and off with my pixel art, but just recently i have gotten back into the groove. I am not the best pixel artist , but i have gotten better these past few years. I have a bunch of work that i wanted to share with the site and receive some feedback.  I hope you enjoy my work and thank you

first off, Here are some things i have improved

[Image: Eqwxq6Q.png]

[Image: khFjhSM.png]

[Image: 926zqXh.png]
[Image: Vd64yH1.png]
first of all welcome to tVGR! Hope to see more from you

second, avoid using different text formatting for normal posts. Those are for highlighting a word, for example.

your newer sprites have a better notion of contrast but it's really... the same, really. If you're up for a suggestion, do you have any other works that have colors other than gray-ish blue and red?
Ok, i see what you mean about them being the same. I just wanted to test out some things i have learned by improving them... and yes i do have others.

Here is a God Of War piece i did.
[Image: 29mVK2b.png]

Also drew Ignignokt from Aqua teen Hunger Force
[Image: gaO3rEJ.png]

Tyler the creator
[Image: o9RfHrW.png]
lately, i have been working on some steven universe sprites/pixel art.

first, here is garnet.
[Image: hOcM4Wf.png]

[Image: rI78fVt.png]

[Image: JgrxITg.png]

im trying to get her new suit right.
[Image: VXKN0vi.png]
i think it's weird that her feet are pointing opposite sides like that, though that might be the art style.
Here is more...
[Image: JikSKND.png]

[Image: PG5TA63.png]
[Image: zMB5JcG.gif] WIP animation

[Image: bSeyNId.png]

[Image: gnLmf7Y.png]

[Image: ThzN1iG.png]
[Image: bSeyNId.png]

the character sitting at the desk is hard to read, too many outline clusters near the face.
I am loving these SU sprites! The first things that stick out to me are on the Garnet sprites -- she looks kinda jaggy and blocky in some places, such as her hair and legs.

I also feel that Steven and Steven Junior (the goat, for those unfamiliar) are having a bit of a style clash; Jr. has outlining while Steven lacks outlines in some places such as his arm and backside. It also seems that they are both looking in two different directions. I would unify the two of them more.

Can't wait to see more!
The pose where steven's cat monster is pulling in one direction could be exaggerated, particularly how low steven is to the ground.
here's that particular pose from the storyboards of the episode in question.
[Image: fc9685997c.jpg]
notice how low his body is to the ground and the feeling of tension between forces; this strong line of action will further enhance the posing of the sprites.
Thanks gors, I see the exact place now and where it needs fixing.

Mighty, i posted this on pixel joint and someone pointed out something similar to that about garnet also. I need to work on her AA more. Thanks for pointing the clashing sprites out. I also think he is too big, so I need to make some changes..

Sketch, I am glad you showed me this. The exaggeration would add more effect , especially if I am able to fully animate it.
I like the "God of war". Pure pixel violence Smile
Here is a sonic project im also working on...

[Image: Ehb3YG1.png]
I threw this this together from my progress.

Robotnik
[Image: 2uGt3XR.png]

spring bounce
[Image: tCzna1M.gif]
I think that the spring ascend should be instantaneous as to keep up with sonic's momentum
Eggman/Robotnik's index finger in the third sprite also looks broken. I would make the last section of the finger less bent.
Here are some Adventure time sprites i had back in 2012 for a sort of mockup... i recently went back and fixed some of them up a bit. tell me what you think...

[Image: fzw12lT.png] finn
[Image: 07fvGvO.gif] finn run

[Image: 9MjEfAB.png] jake
[Image: fWZr3Z9.png] more jake

[Image: Z5hOiIq.png] Ice king

[Image: l1muNYu.png] extra stuff
Pages: 1 2 3