The VG Resource

Full Version: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So last Thursday I was talking to Dazz who was going to download SWR to rip the sprites, but seen as I already had them at hand, I offered to sheet them. I've not done effects/BG's as of yet, BG's mainly because of how they're anti-alised to fit with the different weather sky sets. But. I have done some work. well, Eight sheets to be exact. I've already made the tSR icons too! So it makes linking these things a lot nicer <: (Sprites shown in place on Character select sheet) {Warning, huge}

[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-reimu_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-sakuya_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-youmu_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-marisa_icon.png]
[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-alice_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-remilia_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-yuyuko_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-patchouli_icon.png]
[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-yukari_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-reisen_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-aya_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-suika_icon.png]
[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-komachi_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-iku_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-tenshi_icon.png]

EDIT:: Fudge, just noticed I missed one set name off Reimu's sheet. Fixed

Added 25/10/2008:
Komachi Onozuka

Added 26/10/2008:
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Iku Nagae

Added 29/10/2008:
Marisa Kirisame

Added 03/11/2008:
Youmu Konpaku

Added 04/11/2008:
Patchouli Knowledge
Aya Shameimaru

Special Effects:

[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-reimusfx_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-sakuyasfx_icon.png][Image: temptsr.png][Image: temptsr.png]
[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-alicesfx_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-remiliasfx_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-yuyukosfx_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-patchoulisfx_icon.png]
[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-yukarisfx_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-reisensfx_icon.png][Image: temptsr.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-suikasfx_icon.png]
[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-komachisfx_icon.png][Image: temptsr.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-tenshisfx_icon.png][Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-generalsfx_icon.png]

Added 06/11/2008
Patchouli Knowledge

Added 17/11/2008
Reimu Hakurei

Added 07/12/2008
Tenshi Hinanai
Yukari Yakumo

Added 04/02/2009
Alice Margatroid

Added 10/03/2009
Komachi Onozuka
Remilia Scarlet

13/03/2009
Suika Ibuki
Reisen U Inaba
Yuyuko Saigyouji

10/05/2009
Sakuya Izayoi

SFX Left
  • Marisa Kirisame
  • Aya Shameimaru
  • Youmu Konpaku
  • Yukari Yakumo
  • Iku Nagae
Well, there goes my WIP Yukari sheet. *deletes* Not gonna complain, though, as I probably won't get it done before I have to move away tomorrow...

Nice work on the sheets. Seems like they left a few unused/incomplete sprites in the data files. Heh heh. :B

...and I've got a quick question for you. Since they've got transparencies, would you like me to put all of their portraits into a sheet (or a few sheets) for you?

(EDIT: Never mind that. See what I said below for reasons.)
(10-23-2008, 06:09 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there goes my WIP Yukari sheet. *deletes* Not gonna complain, though, as I probably won't get it done before I have to move away tomorrow...

Nice work on the sheets. Seems like they left a few unused/incomplete sprites in the data files. Heh heh. :B

...and I've got a quick question for you. Since they've got transparencies, would you like me to put all of their portraits into a sheet (or a few sheets) for you?
I've no problem with that. Feel free to if you want. I was just gonna end up sticking the portraits on a transparent png if I get to them anyways as I'm not too sure what to do with the Anti-alised stuff.
Erm... I take it back. I just finished putting all of Reimu's portraits into a sheet, and it's... 1.69MB. My Photobucket account won't be able to handle it (since it only takes files up to 1MB -- 2MB if you're a Premium member), and I don't have FTP access at the moment, so... I'd say that you should just put all of the extracted portraits for each character into ZIP/RAR files and submit those. It'll be a lot faster and more convenient that way, and the transparencies will stay. Very Sad

*sits in the corner and sighs*
Geo will love you.

Good work.
(10-23-2008, 06:57 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Erm... I take it back. I just finished putting all of Reimu's portraits into a sheet, and it's... 1.69MB. My Photobucket account won't be able to handle it (since it only takes files up to 1MB -- 2MB if you're a Premium member), and I don't have FTP access at the moment, so... I'd say that you should just put all of the extracted portraits for each character into ZIP/RAR files and submit those. It'll be a lot faster and more convenient that way, and the transparencies will stay. D:

My imagehost is fine with plus 1MB files, so would I be alright putting them as a Transparent .png file or are the some extra steps I need to take :/?
(10-23-2008, 07:12 AM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]Geo will love you.

Good work.
(10-23-2008, 08:25 AM)DarkOverord Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2008, 06:57 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Erm... I take it back. I just finished putting all of Reimu's portraits into a sheet, and it's... 1.69MB. My Photobucket account won't be able to handle it (since it only takes files up to 1MB -- 2MB if you're a Premium member), and I don't have FTP access at the moment, so... I'd say that you should just put all of the extracted portraits for each character into ZIP/RAR files and submit those. It'll be a lot faster and more convenient that way, and the transparencies will stay. Very Sad

My imagehost is fine with plus 1MB files, so would I be alright putting them as a Transparent .png file or are the some extra steps I need to take :/?
Hmmm... Not really. Transparency-enabled PNGs would be fine. A good way for sheeting them would be having the portraits in a 3x3 grid, since each character has 9 portraits. And then another sheet for the Character Select portraits (in either a 5x3 or a 3x5 grid).
(10-23-2008, 08:37 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2008, 06:57 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Erm... I take it back. I just finished putting all of Reimu's portraits into a sheet, and it's... 1.69MB. My Photobucket account won't be able to handle it (since it only takes files up to 1MB -- 2MB if you're a Premium member), and I don't have FTP access at the moment, so... I'd say that you should just put all of the extracted portraits for each character into ZIP/RAR files and submit those. It'll be a lot faster and more convenient that way, and the transparencies will stay. D:

Hmmm... Not really. Transparency-enabled PNGs would be fine.
I was thinking about the problem generated by putting a coulour behind Alpha-transparencies you see :/ So I'm not entirely sure what to do D=
(10-23-2008, 08:41 AM)DarkOverord Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2008, 08:37 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2008, 06:57 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Erm... I take it back. I just finished putting all of Reimu's portraits into a sheet, and it's... 1.69MB. My Photobucket account won't be able to handle it (since it only takes files up to 1MB -- 2MB if you're a Premium member), and I don't have FTP access at the moment, so... I'd say that you should just put all of the extracted portraits for each character into ZIP/RAR files and submit those. It'll be a lot faster and more convenient that way, and the transparencies will stay. Very Sad

Hmmm... Not really. Transparency-enabled PNGs would be fine.
I was thinking about the problem generated by putting a coulour behind Alpha-transparencies you see :/ So I'm not entirely sure what to do D=
I wouldn't worry about it for now, then. I can get them all ripped in about a month, after we've finished moving... That way, they'll retain their transparencies.
(10-23-2008, 08:47 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't worry about it for now, then. I can get them all ripped in about a month, after we've finished moving... That way, they'll retain their transparencies.
Right, I may just leave it to you XD Or at least link the transparent png in the thread till something can be done with it.
So, uh... Your bed or mine?
(10-23-2008, 08:58 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]So, uh... Your bed or mine?
My bed's kinda crappy :P

Komachi's pretty Pimp

[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-komachi_icon.png]

Has a nice boat and everything

EDIT: FUDGE JUST NOTICED I FORGOT TO ADD HER GUARD SPRITES. And apparently Reisen's and Suika's too. brb fixing FIXED
Time to post some ghosts

[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-yuyuko_icon.png]

Oh Yuyuko. Why is your weather terrible for my cards?
This Catfish knows how to Dance

[Image: scarlet_weather_rhapsody-iku_icon.png]

Iku knows the Lightning Tango

Also. As you can see there's two things different. There's "Added Patch 10.3" and Alt. Palettes. My extractor program didn't get some of the new attack sprites so there may be a few updated sheet. Hell. They're all gonna get updated because I want the alt. Pallets but some moreso than others.
Epic rips~ Great goin'!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6