The VG Resource

Full Version: Chris Shade's Mega Man Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, some folks on an old forum I go to led me to an unpacker for the models.bin in the game. I'll be testing it on SF1 and SF3 some time later.

I'm aware that KurainoOni has been working on MMSF rips and recently released Ninja Tribe, but I PMed him a while ago and he told me that the reason Zerker and Saurian Tribes haven't been released was because there was warping in his rip. His old tools are out of date and incompatible with the current java and his current tools are the reason for the warping of the models. The unpacker I used just unpacked all of the lz10 compressed models and textures in the models.bin I extracted from the NDS file. And there doesn't seem be any problems with the rips.

My only problem is that the files extracted are all labelled numerically and not by name. So most of the time I'm going to be labeling all the files I got. Interestingly enough, is that models in SF1 are also in SF2. For example : Gatling and DarkSword Battle cards.

I currently have Zerker Tribe submitted and pending approval  and I'll work on getting the rest of Mega Man's forms done. Another interesting point is that all of Mega Man's flame effects behind Omega-Xis's head in all of his forms,Zerker Tribe's sword and Ninja Tribe's shuriken are saved as separate models from the Mega Man models, so those have to be inserted manually.

Mega Man Starforce 2 Rips
Mega Man Starforce 3 Rips
MegaMan Battle Network 5 : Double Team DS Rips
MegaMan X8 Rips
MegaMan X Command Mission Rips
So I had the UVs on KurainoOni's rip of Rogue's SF2 sword fixed. Kudos to Roxas358 for helping me with that.

I also submitted revisions for a couple of the rips KurainoOni has already done. They're just awaiting approval. Here's the list :
-Added the shuriken to the Ninja Tribe
-Added the alternate textures of his SX and DX forms to Rogue's model. (Approved)

I've been working on unrelated projects at the moment, but I'll get to work on all the Double Tribes soon. Might try to see if I can edit out Rogue Double Tribe textures when I have the time.
Now that the first models I submitted are approved, I'm gonna be working on ripping all the Double Tribes immediately.
So all the models of Double Tribe Mega Man have been submitted and are now awaiting approval.

I'm now going to rip boss models and SF3 Noise Mega Man models. A lot of the SF3 bosses have warping in their models and I can't fix them.
Edited the first post to include all the submissions I made. Gonna work on ripping the battle card weapons when I feel like it.
How has this not gotten more attention? This is incredible! I've been dying to see some more Mega Man related models on the site. Heck I've been fruitlessly trying to get people to help me extract the models from Maverick Hunter X, but no one seems interested. I really hope to see more of this in the future! Keep up the great work.

Also, I can't remember if Sigma himself appears in MMX8...I really want a proper Sigma model which is why I wanted to rip from MHX. Also, Lumine. That hairdo of his and his overall look is awesome to me. Any chance you can grab him?
Looking good! I love some Megaman!
(08-19-2015, 10:25 AM)Carpaccio Wrote: [ -> ]How has this not gotten more attention? This is incredible! I've been dying to see some more Mega Man related models on the site. Heck I've been fruitlessly trying to get people to help me extract the models from Maverick Hunter X, but no one seems interested. I really hope to see more of this in the future! Keep up the great work.

Also, I can't remember if Sigma himself appears in MMX8...I really want a proper Sigma model which is why I wanted to rip from MHX. Also, Lumine. That hairdo of his and his overall look is awesome to me. Any chance you can grab him?
Well, at first, this thread was only about me ripping models from SF2. Then, a while after the latest models I submitted got approved, I decided to update the thread. I rip models directly from within the game for the NDS games.

As for Sigma, don't expect me to rip any more models that are from PS2 games. I only screen rip models for PS2 games and trust me, there is a whole lot of warping therefore a lot of fixing that has to be done when I rip it that way. Armored X is in an unanimated pose because someone else t-posed it for me and he has stopped now. I might rip Lumine since there he is in a t-pose when he transforms to his final form.
I'd love to see a Lumine rip! That would be awesome in so many ways. Can't wait to see what you've got next.
Hate to double post, but any news on that Lumine rip? I noticed someone managed to rip Optic Sunflower. Any idea how?
I've PMed the guy the day Optic Sunflower came out, but I STILL haven't got a reply yet. Lumine, when he's transforming curves his arches his body back and screen ripping that is a pain in the ass. I'm still working on getting it out though.

(Truth be told. I've actually forgotten for a couple of weeks.)
Necro-ing this thread. I got a new tool that can help me rip directly from X8 PC in an unanimated pose. I'm gonna be re-ripping all the characters since Zerox's rips seem to be edited screen rips from what I can tell. Most importantly, the multiple different hand models are all included.

Here's a preview of Armored X being re-ripped

Sigma and Lumine are ripped and I will submit them over the weekend.
Updated the first post with the new MMX8 models that were just approved.

Now I'm just waiting for the revisions I submitted to get approved as well.

Wow, just noticed it took 2 months to get approved.

EDIT: So the re-ripped models of the playable characters have been approved and added to the first post.
(08-12-2016, 10:12 AM)Chris Shade Wrote: [ -> ]Updated the first post with the new MMX8 models that were just approved.

Now I'm just waiting for the revisions I submitted to get approved as well.

Wow, just noticed it took 2 months to get approved.

EDIT: So the re-ripped models of the playable characters have been approved and added to the first post.

Will we see the Navigators, as well?
(I hope that doesn't count as a request)
Yeah, I'm still in the process of ripping them. Alia is done, only Layer and Pallette to go.
Pages: 1 2