The VG Resource

Full Version: Why do we see models in SFM animations not on TMR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This probably isn't the right place to post this, but I couldn't find a better one.

Take this video, for example.

You see some fantastic models from Hyrule Warriors in them, but looking at the Hyrule Warriors page on TMR, neither of them are there.

How do these animators get these models? I'm not certain about the way SFM works, to be honest.
They ripped them themselves and don't really consider uploading the sources to TMR most of the time, don't ask why.

I'd upload the model sources I used in my Gmod ports myself, but I'm lazy and I don't feel like doing a bunch of uploading just yet...... :V
usually they rip them themselves and fix them up, but don't upload to TMR
They're usually rip by themselves on the side of internet. However, they're not considered about to upload in Models-Resource, that is why.
I can tell how its feel, SFM is powered by Source Engine, people were having fun to rendering with them, they're pretty much interest with it.

Sometimes I'm ripping my models by myself and import in SFM, and I'm feeling how fun is it. =P

So, if you take a look on Xnalara community for simple, they have a lot of awesome models, which they're not upload on Model-Resource.
Because it takes some effort to get models ready for submission
The main reason why I haven't done so for a few of the ones I've ported is because I need to "undo" the changes I've had to make to get the models working in the first place. Second reason being laziness (and that nobody has ever asked me, either).
(06-21-2015, 07:22 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]The main reason why I haven't done so for a few of the ones I've ported is because I need to "undo" the changes I've had to make to get the models working in the first place. Second reason being laziness (and that nobody has ever asked me, either).

I'm really starting to doubt whether or not it's better to preserve a model in it's original state, or in case it's somehow improved, just leave it the way it is.
Because quite frankly, no one but you is going to be able to tell the difference and I have my doubts on whether or not anyone really.. cares.