The VG Resource

Full Version: Final Fantasy IV (2014) models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm new on these forums so I hope I'm posting this in the right place

I would like to rip some models from Final Fantasy IV and be able to import them to Maya or Blender.
I'm just not sure what to do with all the files, I don't recognize the file formats.

here are some screenshots of the files in the folders:
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

Help would be appreciated Smile

P.S
The reason I want to rip the models is so that I can study them to improve my low poly 3d modelling, so I only need to rip a few models to study, and textures aren't really necessary.
If you just need to the models, why don't you just screenrip them using 3D Ripper DX or Ninja ripper?
I have no previous experience of ripping, that's why I'm asking ^^
Thanks for tipping me of those softwares. I have a question about them though:

From the 3D Ripper DX website:
Quote:-capture all geometry, textures and shaders, rendered during single frame;

Judging by that, it seems as if it would capture the geometry as it's rendered the current game frame (like, in the middle of an animation).
Since my goal is to learn to improve my lowpoly modelling from this, it's important the vertices of the models are in their "original" positions, without any applied animation.
(06-17-2015, 08:54 AM)Mornedil Wrote: [ -> ]I have no previous experience of ripping, that's why I'm asking ^^
Thanks for tipping me of those softwares. I have a question about them though:

From the 3D Ripper DX website:
Quote:-capture all geometry, textures and shaders, rendered during single frame;

Judging by that, it seems as if it would capture the geometry as it's rendered the current game frame (like, in the middle of an animation).
Since my goal is to learn to improve my lowpoly modelling from this, it's important the vertices of the models are in their "original" positions, without any applied animation.

How so? Besides, older games like these usually don't even have an unanimated state for models.
(06-17-2015, 05:25 PM)TGE Wrote: [ -> ]How so? Besides, older games like these usually don't even have an unanimated state for models.

Because then I can study how they were originally modelled and positioned. Even if it turns out the models aren't positioned in a T pose, it would be educational to see exactly how the original files are composed, to determine the animation technique they're using.
This game isn't that old btw. I mean, not so old that skeletal animation is completely out of the question. It was released for DS in 2007, and for Windows in 2014.
I really hope you manage to figure this out. This game had some fun models.
Oh, I mistakingly figured it was originally a port of a PSX game. Screenshots aren't going to help much, you'll have to post some files for us to look at.
here are some files from the folder I posted screenshots of earlier:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5021..._files.zip

Most of the game's files seem to be in that folder, but I am not sure what's what, so I hope I managed to get some models into that zip.
They appear to be common DS files, though I can't seem to find anything that exactly.. works.
could it be because of the specific files I picked?

btw, is there a list somewhere on the forums with different software that are common when ripping game content?
I don't really know what to search for, but feel like I could do more if I wasn't so clueless :p