The VG Resource

Full Version: Maryo Buddahs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
lolsup. I'm somewhat new to this stuff (I've been doing it on and off) and I'm not the greatest, but at least I try.

Now look.

[Image: FORESTLEVELBETA.PNG]

[Image: downpourdesert.png]

[Image: bigalpinearson.PNG]

[Image: lightbulblabyrinth.PNG]

[Image: bigzoo.PNG]

[Image: groovygraveyard.PNG]

[Image: chooseflavorplz.PNG]

[Image: uponthemountains.PNG]
Funny style, but nice. Also add Mario with blue overalls.
wow, looks pretty rad Big Grin

Edit: I dunno, I like the red overalls, doesn't need blue if you ask me.
I don't like blue overalls on my Mario

Edit: I agree with Arthur. Because I do.

Anywho, my current avatar is pretty much how this looked a few months ago. I made it. Then I left it alone. And then I came back to it.
Nice cavestory style it makes the game look fun! Keep it up!
Yup, Heart Cave Story. It started off not so cavestory-ish, but it's pretty evident that's my inspiration later on. I've got a buddy who's learning C++ or # or something, he wants to try to code this. If he does, that'd be awesome.
These are awesome, I would still like to see the blue overall Mario under the alternate outfit list or whatever.
I don't think those are alternate outfits so much as powers... Tongue
The style is cool, but there's juss' a few stylistic choices that bug me... Especially that bullet bill... It's juss' not right whatchoo did to him, man... Bullet Bill is cooler than that. Oh, and what's the point of making him have flames behind him?
That's not bullet bill, it's bullet bob. If the level were to be real, once a bullet bob flies by, as they are nuclear powered and illegal in 3 different countries, they set anything flammable...on fire.

Also, SWR is pretty awesome. I use Sakuya.
Love it.

Though; If you're looking for this to be made into a game in any form then I'd recommend increasing the 'view size' or resolution to either 256x192 or 320x240; 256x192 at the minimum

Using a viewsize that small is unpractical
cape maro.
Big Grin

i'd lik to see that
(10-22-2008, 12:28 AM)EmThree Wrote: [ -> ]That's not bullet bill, it's bullet bob. If the level were to be real, once a bullet bob flies by, as they are nuclear powered and illegal in 3 different countries, they set anything flammable...on fire.

Also, SWR is pretty awesome. I use Sakuya.

That's... uh... interesting. You should prolly make it into a game, then.

Also, oh hey another touhou fan. We should totally play some time. Totally.
Yeah, totally. I noticed that the screen size was really limited in the mock up and it would make it hard for the player as some jumps would be tricky. This one is based off of GBA screen size.

I'm no major touhou fan, I've only played a few of them, but sure!

Also, I"ve been wondering how I would animate the legs, I'm kind of stumped there. I want to create a walk sequence, but it is awkward with 1 px legs.
Do something similar to Cave Story, I'd suggest. Those sprites have small/thin limbs too, for the most part. Or change the legs. If you could make it work, just make the walk/run sequence two-three frames.
Pages: 1 2