The VG Resource

Full Version: About posed models and changing static poses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everybody! I'm new to both this forum and the world of ripped models, so there's a lot that I've yet to learn how to manage.

You see, I'm currently working with a program for my 3D printer called MakerBot, which uses .OBJ models to print with. While some models, like Smash Bros. trophies, are already posed, most of the models I can find on this site are stuck in their default, "T" shaped positions.
[Image: 9091.png]
Now, I have Blender, but I lack experience and a middle mouse button to move with. I tend to use only the OBJ files for MakerBot, but I wonder if there are any other file types I can use to find a rig of the model, or some other way to move the model's body parts.

TL;DR: How can I pose a model from the Model's Resource with the files they come with, and without having to learn the entirety of Blender and make an armature from scratch?
Not sure, but sounds like a cool idea. (I've thought of that before.) Smile
(05-14-2015, 08:01 AM)larsenv Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure, but sounds like a cool idea. (I've thought of that before.) Smile

Glad you think so! I'm hoping to see somebody on the forum about looking for models that weren't modified in the T-pose, so let's see how that plays out.