The VG Resource

Full Version: Ninja's Pixels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. I might as well post some of the sprites I've done. I call myself a Beginner, because I still have much to learn, but compared to before, I can safely say, I've improved a bit.

An example of that, would be a character for a project that is on hold for now. This is Itami. I'm gonna be honest. I STILL don't get what i was thinking in 2014 :I

[Image: dZ58AF4.png]

Here's another character from the same project and style as the latest one(which I have to update again, eventually):

[Image: vYVlelG.png]

Here's a before and after of two characters for my current game project( Fun fact: this change was in the span of a few weeks). First one is a main character, the second is an NPC:

[Image: VJfQCpT.png]

And lastly, we have all three characters in the current style so far(including my avatar):

[Image: KBCyL0A.png?1]

Once I have a bit more progress on the project I'll make a thread for it to show you all, but for now, enjoy these sprites.
[Image: xXAFeuw.png?1] I did a Kirby, I guess.

[Image: wAPS82j.png?1] I also did a Mephes. And an update thing for her.
I'm liking what I see, but maybe the shadow on top of Kirby's head is a bit too big?
Just to be sure, you were talking about the actual shadow, not the outline right?

So It'd be this?:
[Image: cQQ2zyF.png?1]
You're on the right track. Maybe make that pair of shadows at the top one pixel long instead of two pixels each?

By the way, a general rule of thumb when posting sprites is to show your work at 100% scale. If the sprite looks good from that scale, then it has great readability, which is important in the world of pixel art.

Overall, though, I love your work. Keep it up! Smile
Well, good to hear someone likes my work! Thanks, for that. I was wondering if someone was going to say that.. So I'll just post a 1x and a 3x(possibly 4x) for each sprite. Would that work?

[Image: qVUiaF2.png]
Kirby looks really nice at x1 scale! No complaints, It almosts looks like it could belong in Super Mario RPG (or it's just me).
Nah, dude, as much as Kirby's sprite looks great, it wouldn't blend very well in Super Mario RPG due to its palette and the way it's shaded. Still, it makes me wonder if NinjaManZ would ever take the challenge of mimicking the style of that game. It's prerendered, so it could be tricky.
Yeah, sorry, I don't think I'll do that. One reason, is because I'm not good enough.
It's fine! Just do what you have to do. Still, it wouldn't hurt to someday tackle harder styles as you build up your skills. Besides, if you take a look at the sprites you did in the past and compare them to their recent counterparts, it shows that you're capable of making leaps and bounds in your craft.

With that said, though, feel free to take your pixel art skills one set at a time. Nobody expects you to be among the best right away.
Last time I remember attempting a detailed style, was with Elemental Gelade, some weird gba game I've never played. Did Reimu from Touhou. This was sometime last year, if i remember correctly.

[Image: AcoWkD7.png]
Looks a little similar to the way SmithyGCN sprites. I like it!
Im done. I refuse to sprite in this style again.

[Image: VbHDxXj.png]
Wasn't there a spritesheet of that one Kirby sprite?
(06-28-2015, 07:18 PM)VGDCKeroro Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't there a spritesheet of that one Kirby sprite?

Uh.. what? I've only done that one static sprite; no spritesheet. Did you see it elsewhere, or did you mistake it for another similar looking one?
Pages: 1 2