The VG Resource

Full Version: KSSU Gooey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wanted to try the style, so I decided to try Gooey.

[attachment=1389]

Please Give CC, thnx
Looks pretty good, but you might want to try a darker blue. Also, he's kind of shiny, too.

Fads FTW!
Oh my. I am a huge fan of Gooey. I think that it's pretty well made for a start. I agree with Sploder though, try using very dark shades of blue, almost black if you want it accurate.
I agree with Sploder, Darker shades, also the eyes could use some blending.
Also Fads!
Oh come on. This is a good style, please don't ruin it with fads...

Darker blue, add one more shade to the mouth's colors--it's too bright, Eyes should be blended, on the leftmost icon, the eyes are too big, on the rightmost just round out and widen the bottom a tiny bit more--I see what you're tryin'a do, but I still think it should be wider.
Oh, shut up with the shouting about fads. Who cares? It's high quality. Please continue.
Sorry. I'll stop.

Also, in the lefthand icon, I think his mouth could be blended in just a bit more. In the righthand icon, his outline shouldn't blend in to the background that much.
I agree that Gooey should be darker. When you think about how light all of Dream Land 3's sprites were, and how dark he still was, the KSS Gooey would probably be near-pitch-black.

I dunno; I for one like the size of Gooey's eyes in the upper-left icon. Perhaps just move them each one pixel inward?
I really don't like the shading and colour choice at all. Good shape and anatomy though.
This is pretty cool, but try using the colors from Koozer.
(10-21-2008, 05:23 PM)Sonikku Wrote: [ -> ]This is pretty cool, but try using the colors from Koozer.

That would be a good decision
Thnx for the comments, and I tried the colours from Koozer for Gooey and Here's what it looks like

[attachment=1398]

Not too sure about it but Gooey went from like seven colours to four Cry

I myself don't like these colours, but I'll do it anyway
Actually, that looks really good.
K, well I'll just recolour everything and I'll try to post an update in a while
I for one like the Gooey on the right. Those are actually his colors. As evidenced here (a screenshot from Kirby's Dream Land 3):
http://kirby.classicgaming.gamespy.com/g...mage31.png
Pages: 1 2