The VG Resource

Full Version: Internet Alias Bingo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rules: get all your existing internet usernames (forum accounts, steam, tumblr, twitter etc) and mark an X on the cells that describe them. GO GO GO

OBS: Facebook doesn't count

[Image: e818e549977f0f0c6b00199342c851b7.png]

mine is this

[Image: 67a3e6e1dc06975ee1549f3a951033ca.png]

NewAgeRetroGamer (yt account): Classic/Retro/8-bit, Nospaces, Videogames
Gors (Gorsal): Fewer than 5 characters, Foreign Name, Self-deprecating name, Pormanteau

I also use Spriter Gors when Gors is already taken but Spriter isn't an Edgy Adjective.

OBS: you may or not list your usernames and justify why you marked these spaces but you don't need to if you don't want.
[Image: ZWk61vP.png]

I use puggsoy pretty much everywhere, hence the "videogame character", "all lowercase" and "nospaces". The "something man/boy/girl" is because I used to call myself "Holland Guy" aaaaages ago. I can't remember having used anything else than those two though.
[Image: UciBulx.png]

i have no idea what pormanteaus is
For me, the Edgy Adjectives, all lowercase, debatebly self-depricating.
Define "Unreadable Names."
(04-26-2015, 04:52 AM)Rhyme Wrote: [ -> ]i have no idea what pormanteaus is

He meant portmanteau, which is like a blend of words. "A portmanteau word fuses both the sounds and the meanings of its components, as in smog, coined by blending smoke and fog, or motel, from motor and hotel."
(04-26-2015, 05:39 AM)Deathbringer Wrote: [ -> ]Define "Unreadable Names."

Names that can't be pronounced due to lack of letters

tVGR cases: -----, Zzyzzyxx or ^__^.

Anything that causes strain to read would fall under that category
So foreign languages don't count? Nevermind, I see foreign names on the grid.

[Image: i3ZDxu772SCEx.png]
IRL: Adam Toczek - Currently my Youtube name, was shingodslayer,
Classic/Retro/8-Bit: That period of time when my tSR Username was Maou (or Daimaou, don't remember how I wrote it) Lucifer; I've used Death Machine (WarMECH from the first Final Fantasy) on less appropriate sites.
Foreign Name: I had Lucifer written in Japanese, that counts.
Underscore, hyphens or slashes: The original name I used on websites and Hotmail in the late 90s, early 2000s was Psyclown_666.
(Something) Man/Boy/Girl: Does it really need to be said?
all lowercase: A lot of websites if I didn't intend to social there and only needed for stuff, like ISOs.
Random Number: 666 mostly if username had to be e-mail and I did have an Hotmail account like mentioned above.
The (Something): I still have a Photobucket account called The_Deathbringer.
Videogames or Game Characters: Clownman, Psyclown (BioF.R.E.A.K.S.), Death Machine, Godslayer (aka Crystalis) and Maou Lucifer.
[Image: eb531ca13b.png]

There really should be a general fiction, TV show/movie/media, or OC entry here (like for if your character doesn't pertain to videogames)... Regardless, let's see what I have here:

~Videogames or Game Characters~
This is the biggest category for me. Names include:
-My main one, Mighty Jetters (comes from Mighty the Bomberman, from the Bomberman Jetters anime/game series), or Mighty in like one or two short cases
-Axle the Red (Mega Man X5)
-Hatty Hattington (from BattleBlock Theater)
-Scoop of Justice (Awesomenauts)
-Disco Voltar (same as above)
-Leon Chameleon (same as above)
-Tuck & Roll (A Bug's Life, which is mainly a movie but did have a videogame on PS1)
-Hopper (same as above)
Related OC names:
-Alexis Scarlet (inspired by Mega Man X5)
-Mariette Jelati (inspired by Awesomenauts)

That's all I remember using for sure among those.

~IRL Names~
-For a time I went by Lindsey on Skype

~[Noun] the [Noun]:
-Axle the Red (huhuhuh)

I don't see a category for this, but I also go by Rainbow Flower 14 on a few things from during my debut on the internet (technically it has no spaces in those places but only because I couldn't so I don't want to put it under that).

~Unusual letters~
For a very, very brief time I tried going by Ѫƪɠƕ†¥ ԎƩ††Ʃᴚϟ her on TSR, but those dreams quickly got shot down heheh.
[Image: aFWLib0.png]
Did I win? Cute

This applies to all the usernames I've gone by.
Ploaj, Bayoeen, Starstorm, Cake, DokiDoki (Can arguably be a video game name since the idea was from Doki Doki Panic)...
[Image: sO7R28j.png]
Virt, MrVirtual, VirtAnderson, Trollerskates
Don't forget Virt the Fox. :B
(04-26-2015, 06:34 AM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]Zzyzzyxx

That is actually pronounceable, Y can be treated as an vowel (at least in the English language, such as my or fly). It would have to be pronounceable since it's an arcade game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zzyzzyxx
Quote:Anything that causes strain to read would fall under that category

Zzyzzyxx can be pronunceable but it's still a sore to read due to excess consonants - so if it's hard to read, just mark that space and live on

(04-26-2015, 12:48 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ][Image: aFWLib0.png]
Did I win? Cute

This applies to all the usernames I've gone by.
Ploaj, Bayoeen, Starstorm, Cake, DokiDoki (Can arguably be a video game name since the idea was from Doki Doki Panic)...

those all apply in 'Videogame or Game Characters' - they're all game specific terms