The VG Resource

Full Version: Touhou Sky Arena - How to rip models from there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, TrinitroMan is here once again. This time, I would like to try out that ripping as well, and there is no better way to start than a game that I am really enjoying playing: Touhou Sky Arena.
Sadly, I have absolutely no idea, how to do that, and Google was not very helpful regarding that topic either (it only gave me the already existing model rips of Touhou Sky Arena, which are sadly incomplete).
So I would really like to have some guidance regarding the model ripping (complete with textures, rigging for animations, and hopefully animations themselves) of Touhou Sky Arena. Like, for example, what programs should be used?
Thanks in advance!
Man, that's a big read. How do I make Python files work without having to download Python?
And can I just replace the file names in Line 5 with the name of any other file in the game with no problems?
Sorry, if these look like stupid questions, because I have never used Python before. Only MUGEN and Game Maker (and only recently, I'm trying to learn flash coding by modding a flash game).
It's for Noesis (a model viewer/exporter), which I linked in my previous post.
You just put that python file in the noesis\plugins\python and run the program, navigate to your file and export the model.
Thanks, just tried it out.
Sadly, Noesis is giving me an error:
"Import error: no module named Sanae3d.Sanae"
http://puu.sh/hp2iv.7z
Try and put this folder in the noesis\plugins\python folder
Okay, just did it.
Now, Noesis at least does not give me any errors.
However, I don't know, which files I actually have to open with Noesis...
I thought I have to open the GPK files in the Data folder, but nope.
Code:
get FILES long
for i = 0 < FILES do
  getdstring NAME 260
  get SIZE long
  get OFFSET long
  log NAME OFFSET SIZE
next i
Save that text to a (text) .bms file and run it on the archives with QuickBMS to extract the files from them.
I'm sorry, but this script is giving me errors of multiple kinds and never extracts anything.
Could you please mention what errors it's printing out?
It keeps on telling me that there is an incomplete input file whenever I use the EXE or any of the DAT or FAC files in the Settings folder as the input file.
And when I try to use one of the GPK files in the Data folder, it tells me it's "impossible to write 0x95b70c45 bytes".
It only works on mesh.gpk and texture.gpk
Okay, just did that with the Mesh.gpk file. I now have a bunch of MDL files. However, none of that seems to be the actual character models. Only effects (at least based on the file names).
Have you tried loading them?
I would, if I could, but they are MDL files, and noesis can neither view them nor export them to OBJ files that can be viewed with Blender.
However, I did take a look at the textures, and they pretty much gave the identity away: They are just character-related objects like cards, knifes, or Alice' dolls.
Pages: 1 2